T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to Sublimation, I have an Epson Artisan 1430 printer with a CISS installed. I have tried printing samples and transferring onto Polyester fabric but the picture or design will not transfer. I am using TexPrintR paper which I have read good reviews. Is there a setting in the printer menu that I need to change?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am new to Sublimation, I have an Epson Artisan 1430 printer with a CISS installed. I have tried printing samples and transferring onto Polyester fabric but the picture or design will not transfer. I am using TexPrintR paper which I have read good reviews. Is there a setting in the printer menu that I need to change?
Are you using sublimation ink? You should get a transfer if you have sublimation ink, sublimation transfer paper and you press to the correct side of the paper (the bright side) and then press (400 F for about a minute). I have never failed to get an image transfer. I use Cobra dye sublimation ink and TextPrint-R paper (which is indeed sublimation paper). Confirm your fabric is at least 80% polyester. It will only transfer to the polyester fibers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
TexprintR is formulated for Ricoh printers. Are you seeing an image when it comes out of the printers? What is your press time and temp. What is the shirt made out of?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After looking back at the packaging it just says UV resistant Dye based ink. I had ordered some OSIR sublimation ink along with this kit, I guess I will try to empty the tanks and flush the sublimation ink thru the system and try again. I will let you know if I still have problems. Thanks!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey so I’m having the same however I’ve check off every step and material.. it’s just not transferring. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME FROM DROWNING!!!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
Hey so I’m having the same however I’ve check off every step and material.. it’s just not transferring. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME FROM DROWNING!!!
No one can offer any help to you if you do not give us any specifics, ie. what printer, inks, paper, you are using , and what material are you pressing, along with times and temps?

Help us to help you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts