T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to Sublimation, I have an Epson Artisan 1430 printer with a CISS installed. I have tried printing samples and transferring onto Polyester fabric but the picture or design will not transfer. I am using TexPrintR paper which I have read good reviews. Is there a setting in the printer menu that I need to change?

·
Registered
454 Posts
I am new to Sublimation, I have an Epson Artisan 1430 printer with a CISS installed. I have tried printing samples and transferring onto Polyester fabric but the picture or design will not transfer. I am using TexPrintR paper which I have read good reviews. Is there a setting in the printer menu that I need to change?
Are you using sublimation ink? You should get a transfer if you have sublimation ink, sublimation transfer paper and you press to the correct side of the paper (the bright side) and then press (400 F for about a minute). I have never failed to get an image transfer. I use Cobra dye sublimation ink and TextPrint-R paper (which is indeed sublimation paper). Confirm your fabric is at least 80% polyester. It will only transfer to the polyester fibers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
TexprintR is formulated for Ricoh printers. Are you seeing an image when it comes out of the printers? What is your press time and temp. What is the shirt made out of?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After looking back at the packaging it just says UV resistant Dye based ink. I had ordered some OSIR sublimation ink along with this kit, I guess I will try to empty the tanks and flush the sublimation ink thru the system and try again. I will let you know if I still have problems. Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey so I’m having the same however I’ve check off every step and material.. it’s just not transferring. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME FROM DROWNING!!!

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Hey so I’m having the same however I’ve check off every step and material.. it’s just not transferring. COULD SOMEONE PLEASE SAVE ME FROM DROWNING!!!
No one can offer any help to you if you do not give us any specifics, ie. what printer, inks, paper, you are using , and what material are you pressing, along with times and temps?

Help us to help you!

·
Registered
2 Posts
No one can offer any help to you if you do not give us any specifics, ie. what printer, inks, paper, you are using , and what material are you pressing, along with times and temps?

Help us to help you!

Help us to help you!
I am having the same issue. I have an Epson ET15000 with sublimation ink. My heat press is on 400 and I pressed it for 60 seconds and still no transfer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am having the same issue. I have an Epson ET15000 with sublimation ink. My heat press is on 400 and I pressed it for 60 seconds and still no transfer.
Never mind. I found out that I used the ink that came with the printer instead of purchasing sublimation ink. BUMMER!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi. My image isn’t transferring to 100% polyester either. I have converted an Epson 2720 using sublimation ink; I’m using sublimation paper on the correct side; I have my heat press at all temperatures between 385-400 degrees; I have tried all times between 45-70 seconds; and my images are still staying on the paper after I press them. Can someone please help! I’m at my wit’s end. Thank you

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Hi. My image isn’t transferring to 100% polyester either. I have converted an Epson 2720 using sublimation ink; I’m using sublimation paper on the correct side; I have my heat press at all temperatures between 385-400 degrees; I have tried all times between 45-70 seconds; and my images are still staying on the paper after I press them. Can someone please help! I’m at my wit’s end. Thank you
1. Are you absolutely sure it's sublimation dye ink? Have you flushed out ALL of the old ink that was in the printer?

2. Are you sure that the heat press is actually at that temperature? I mean verify with some type of temperature testing device.

·
Registered
7 Posts
1. Are you absolutely sure it's sublimation dye ink? Have you flushed out ALL of the old ink that was in the printer?

2. Are you sure that the heat press is actually at that temperature? I mean verify with some type of temperature testing device.
1. I just purchased the printer. So to convert it I emptied out the original ink from the original bottles and filled them with Hiipoo brand sublimation ink.

2. Last night, I ordered a temp testing device from Amazon. It should be here today. I’ll try that and hopefully it works. However, I’ve taken the temp up to 415 degrees for 60 seconds and it still hasn’t changed the outcome.
This is why I’m so frustrated.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Okay, this is the first time I'm hearing of the Hiipoo brand. I don't know anything about them. But you say that you emptied out the ink and filled the ink. You don't mention any head cleanings at all. You'll probably have to do it a few times in order to get all of the old ink out of the heads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Okay, this is the first time I'm hearing of the Hiipoo brand. I don't know anything about them. But you say that you emptied out the ink and filled the ink. You don't mention any head cleanings at all. You'll probably have to do it a few times in order to get all of the old ink out of the heads.
Because the printer was brand new, I had to fill it with ink. So there isn’t any old ink in there. I converted it myself.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Ok. Bypass the printheads by taking your finger and smearing some ink on the sublimation paper then try pressing it. If you get no print, or just a yellow print then the ink IS NOT sublimation ink.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok. Bypass the printheads by taking your finger and smearing some ink on the sublimation paper then try pressing it. If you get no print, or just a yellow print then the ink IS NOT sublimation ink.
So I smeared and pressed both blue and yellow. The colors were faint on the 100% microfiber cloth; and there still was quite a bit of ink left on the paper.
This is really weird because the box and the bottles that they ain’t came in I’ll say sublimation ink. I ordered them off of Amazon.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Have you tried pressing a different material instead of microfibre? Try plain old white, 100% polyester material at 190°C for 60 secs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Have you tried pressing a different material instead of microfibre? Try plain old white, 100% polyester material at 190°C for 60 secs.
Yes I tried a 100% polyester tshirt at various terms and times. I did get the most success with 420 degrees (F) and 105 minutes. I still have so much ink left on the paper after I press it.
I don’t know why the majority of the ink won’t transfer. At least I got some ink to transfer…

1 - 20 of 33 Posts