T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, has anybody tried using sublimation ink for heat transfer (cotton) using the jet pro soft stretch paper for light garments and the jet opaque?

I know sublimation ink is for sublimation... but I heard of some shops using it for heat transfer and they are gettin more radiant colors than the dye and pigment inks.

If you have tried it, how did the washing test and dryer came out? Also is it worth it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
346 Posts
You can put sublimation inks on JPSS and 3G Opaque and then transfer them to cotton, it works. Done in Europe as the Europeans like cotton t-shirts and sublimation, done as intended, requires a polyester coating to transfer onto. It's a nice work around for them.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I'm confused, 3G bonds to cotton and you print on the topside, instead of the underside of the clearcoat like on the JPSS, so what do you mean by needs polyester for the 3G?

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm confused, 3G bonds to cotton and you print on the topside, instead of the underside of the clearcoat like on the JPSS, so what do you mean by needs polyester for the 3G?
You don't need polyester which is the reason for using the JPSS and/or 3G Opaque with sublimation inks if you want to go onto cotton. Normally sublimation requires polyester hence the reason for using the two Neenah products you asked about with cotton.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I misunderstood ''done as intended, requires a polyester'' I do sub on poly products. I get real rich prints with pigment On JPSS. but sub on poly stays rich forever. with sub on JPSS on cotton, What happens to the color as the clearcoat wears out in the wash. Theoretically, it seams like the sub would just be bonding to the clearcoat?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts