T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, so I recently bought an Epson 2760 printer, Printers Jack sublimation ink, and A-Sub sublimation 120g paper. I am using a 95% polyester shirt and nothing is transferring over. Can I please get some feed back on what I’m doing wrong? I apply 200C 405F for 60seconds and still nothing.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Are you printing on the right side of the paper?
This silly question posted every time does annoy me a little bit...
Printing on the wrong side of the paper will still work, just not as good as when printing on the correct side.

I recently bought an Epson 2760 printer, Printers Jack sublimation ink, and A-Sub sublimation 120g paper.
Have you used the original epson inks in your printer?
If yes, did you run enough head cleaning cycles to replace the ink already in the tubes and dampers?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Okay so I printed on the right side of the paper and still nothing. The printer is brand new and I never placed the ink in the printer. As soon as I got the sublimation ink, I poured it into the printer. When I print stuff with the sublimation paper. The colors are saturated. I thought it was the ink but I saw a lot of people who have used that. Maybe a bad batch? I’ve heard people say that the prints are supposed to look faded and that’s not the case here. When I print on regular paper, it still won’t transfer and the papers image looks a bit faded

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
Forget about the printer. Rub some of your ink onto a sheet of paper (sub paper or regular copy paper) and press it onto the fabric, 190 C for 60 seconds. If nothing prints then it ain't sublimation ink.

·
Administrator
14,353 Posts
Sublimation ink looks dull and faded when on the transfer paper. Colors don't pop until applied to your garment. If what you are printing on the transfer looks like the colors on your computer screen, then you're sublimation ink is not getting to the print head yet.

Sounds like there might have been ink in the printer before you added the sublimation ink? That would be the ink printing on the paper now. There could easily be up to an ounce of the old ink in the tubes leading to the print head.

This is my 3rd time asking you to upload a picture of your printed transfer. I guess we're not getting one?

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I used a white and black shirt and nothing transferred
You cannot sublimate black shirts, but the white should work.
Hopefully you are not trying to press the transfer facing up... It has to be facing down. The printed side facing the shirt.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Interesting...
It does look like sublimation ink.

I'd test the temperature of the heat press.
I'm suspecting the actual temperature is not 200C, but much lower.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts