T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i am looking for sublimation printer direct on textiles and i need something to print also on cotton if possible.

i have check MIMAKI JV-33 but i am looking something with double ink systems so i can print on cotton too.

· Registered
6,579 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
From past experiences with dual purpose printers (we used the Epson 4800). You will deal with more ink cost than you normally would with just 2 separate printers. Every time you run a clean you will be draining both inks. Even if you are running cotton for a week you are draining your sublimation ink through cleans and maintenance.

· Registered
6,579 Posts
From past experiences with dual purpose printers (we used the Epson 4800). You will deal with more ink cost than you normally would with just 2 separate printers. Every time you run a clean you will be draining both inks. Even if you are running cotton for a week you are draining your sublimation ink through cleans and maintenance.
That is true, and the firmware on either the 4800 or the 4880 will force head cleaning at pre-determined intervals, whether the heads need cleaned or not.

· Registered
6,579 Posts
The epson 4880, but I don't know how big it is.
The carriage width is 17 inches. It can use roll paper so the paper length is not fixed. I'm not sure about his needs on paper size except what was posted would come out to about 63 inches (160 cm), if that is the width then can't use the 4880 for sure. The 9600 was only 44 inches width I think.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.