T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Thanks for the extra information.

A couple of points ...

1. Six minutes may not be long enough for a decent transfer. Try increasing this in stages and see if the print improves.
  2. Make sure you pick a paper setting on your printer that lays down enough ink on the paper.
  3. You don't mention the graphics software you are using to print your images, or whether you have an ICC profile installed. It's recommended to have the print colour management controlled by the graphics software, and to have the printer driver set to NOT manage colours.
Other than the above-mentioned points, the only other thing I can think of that could possibly be causing faded prints is that the tumblers themselves aren't of sufficiently good quality. Here in the UK I have mainly printed ceramic mugs and the quality of the coating varies hugely between manufacturers.

·
Registered
96 Posts
  • truepix paper is
  • Optimized for sawgrass dye sublimation systems (SG400, SG500, SG800 & SG1000)
  • For use with Sawgrass inks and EasySubli? Inks
  • try textprintxphr paper when you run out of china ink go to cosmos ink you will not regret it i now use it in all 6 printers

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
is it me or there is orange peel on the coating on the tumblers?
If yes, then that's the issue... especially when combined with thick sublimation paper.
You could try using lighter paper and see if that helps. The Epson F-series paper for example is 75gsm.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
  • truepix paper is
  • Optimized for sawgrass dye sublimation systems (SG400, SG500, SG800 & SG1000)
  • For use with Sawgrass inks and EasySubli? Inks
  • try textprintxphr paper when you run out of china ink go to cosmos ink you will not regret it i now use it in all 6 printers
Thank you very much for your thoughts!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts