T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be doing my first art fair in Oakland Ca in August and would like to get some tips from all you veteran vendors who sell at craft fairs and shows. What sizes and styles sell the most fairs and when I say "styles" I mean mens unisex or womens shirts. We all know that women shop and buy more than men in general but does that apply to fairs too? Should I stock more of the middle sizes (medium and large)? What's your experience on this guys?
Thanks!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I don't have the answer as I am still in the learning curve, but from reading the forums for the past 4 months, I have a suggestion for you.
The response to this question is usually - who is your market? If you ar after/have the biker crowd, then you need more large/xtr sizes.. if you have a sports crowd, you may need more med..
Give us a clue to your audience/details of the show theme/size.. and you may get more response..
hope it helps, I;m looking forward to my 1st show someday!
N

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't have the answer as I am still in the learning curve, but from reading the forums for the past 4 months, I have a suggestion for you.
The response to this question is usually - who is your market? If you ar after/have the biker crowd, then you need more large/xtr sizes.. if you have a sports crowd, you may need more med..
Give us a clue to your audience/details of the show theme/size.. and you may get more response..
hope it helps, I;m looking forward to my 1st show someday!
N
Thanks Nancy for your feedback.
The fair I'm doing is one of those typical summer fairs with music, artisans and food. The fair is called Art and Soul Festival in Oakland, Ca. This is a neutral type of fair not leaning towards one particular gender so I think there will be probably an equal amount of males and females attending. The shirts I have a question about have a city theme to it like "I Love NY" shirts which also isn't gender-specific. So what I would like to know is at a gender-neutral fair selling gender-neutral shirts should I stock more women's or mens shirts? Who usually do more buying at such fairs?
Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
It has been my experience that you would only want to have one style, like mens crew neck tees rather than try to carry both mens and womens. Women will buy a mens tee when the design is not gender specific and trying to keep up with both styles is a headache.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It has been my experience that you would only want to have one style, like mens crew neck tees rather than try to carry both mens and womens. Women will buy a mens tee when the design is not gender specific and trying to keep up with both styles is a headache.
Good to get your feedback Gary. Thanks!

·
Registered
332 Posts
For me, women's sizes M and L sell the most, but that's because my target market is women. Who are you targeting? Is it mostly men or women? And what kind of sales are you seeing on your website in terms of size breakdowns? This will give you a good idea of the sizes you should bring to the show.

Good luck with the show!

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
For me, women's sizes M and L sell the most, but that's because my target market is women. Who are you targeting? Is it mostly men or women? And what kind of sales are you seeing on your website in terms of size breakdowns? This will give you a good idea of the sizes you should bring to the show.

Good luck with the show!
I am not really targeting a specific gender really, that's why I want to know so I can stock appropriately. My question is quite general and concerns mostly about who tend buy more t-shirts at these typical summer fairs with music, artisans and food when it comes to gender neutral designs like city-themed designs such as "I love NY" shirts.
Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am not really targeting a specific gender really, that's why I want to know so I can stock appropriately. My question is quite general and concerns mostly about who tend buy more t-shirts at these typical summer fairs with music, artisans and food when it comes to gender neutral designs like city-themed designs such as "I love NY" shirts.
Thanks!

I have sold many shirts at these types of events...they are purchased by all in this setting.

I agree that you really do not need the headache of both styles as the men's style is all I ever needed...in a crew cut neckline.

Size...my input is that in this setting I sold mostly L and XL...there were always some few med, and some 2XL requests, but not many...mostly L and XL...I always seemed to never have enough of them in the really good designs and often made arrangements to ship them or deliver if it was reasonable to do so during a shopping trip or whatever running I needed to do...of course you can't do that if it isn't a local show.

Hope this helps in some way.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I will be doing my first art fair in Oakland Ca in August and would like to get some tips from all you veteran vendors who sell at craft fairs and shows. What sizes and styles sell the most fairs and when I say "styles" I mean mens unisex or womens shirts. We all know that women shop and buy more than men in general but does that apply to fairs too? Should I stock more of the middle sizes (medium and large)? What's your experience on this guys?
Thanks!!!
i did a farmers market i think u need to make sure u have all sizes in the same shirt someone may like a particular shirt but u only have it in a large and they want in a xlarge so i would have s,m,l,xl in the same desing .
hope this helps some how good luck
kay

1 - 10 of 10 Posts