T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Heres situation: I am trying to get a vectorized image to cut on plotter program "easycut".

I draw the stencil on paper, then I scan the image, take it into Adobe Illustrator, and I vectorise it... all good so far!.

Next: I save the "vectorised" image as a .DXF File (AutoCad), so that I can import it into easy cut.

However, when I open easycut, and attempt to import the image, I just get lines all over the screen in different colours - it is not possible in any way to tell what this "image" is, and it doesnt work on the cutter.

Can anyone help me? This is really fustrating me!.

If you want a copy of the DXF File, please ask and I will e-mail it to you. Any help given is very very appreciated!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've noticed that too many points (or nodes in Corel) will cause random lines. I use Illustrator to cad-cut dxf files. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi,

was trying it with DXF Because its the closest I've had to success. Importing non vectorised images with EasyCut never seems to turn out right, and is generally speakin a royal pain in the a**.

I can look into the EPS thing, but just out of interest, what programs and methods do you lot use to get an image from paper > vectorised image to use on a cutter?

have spent hours and hours trying to find a decent solution but non as of yet!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
SueVDB what is cad-cut? Im guessing its some sort of plug in for illustrator... but any idea where I can get the plugin to use with it?

Still draws somewhat of a problem because the computer with the cutter is not powerful enough to run illustrator. The work on graphics has to be done with an upstairs computer, then the finished file sent to the cutter computer to then be opened for cutting.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
Well, you have Illustrator, that should work fine. A lot of my stuff is hand created. So I don't do alot of vectorizing of images.

What problems have you ran into with EPS files?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
The cutting software i use is SIGNCUT X2 and the vector program i have is Adobe Illustrator CS2 and Adobe Illustrator cs3 but for some reason i like working in cs2. I basically just draw something up scan it in and clean it up in Adobe Illustrator then save it as a AI file and open it up in signcut x2.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hi,

Will be trying again when I can get to the computer and will keep you updated, and provide screenshots etc if possible.

Hand Crafting stensils not really an option. It's not actually for making t-shirts (althrough I posted on here as you guys have a dedicated section for plotters and the site seems resourceful) - its for making stensils for air-spraying.

Therefore, it needs to be vectorised because if a customer returns wanting some repairs done, a duplicate stencil is required at exactly the same shape as the original one etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts