T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever ran STS inks on an epson f2000 DTG printer? They claim to be identical to OEM ink and do not require you to do a flush. Im on the fence but i wanted to ask around before i take a dive.

· Registered
58 Posts
Has anyone ever ran STS inks on an epson f2000 DTG printer? They claim to be identical to OEM ink and do not require you to do a flush. Im on the fence but i wanted to ask around before i take a dive.
I remember someone decided to try them as discussed in another online group. Their print head blocked and they were trying to save the head by flushing it. That was the last update I saw.

I would avoid 3rd party non OEM inks for this printer. The head is very sensitive and if the inks do not have the exact same chemical make up the head will block and most likely need to be replaced. A hefty price to pay to save a few hundred bucks in my opinion.

· Registered
253 Posts
I work at a DTG ink manufacturer so take my word for it when I say that non-OEM inks will void your warranty. For the F2000 where you can't get parts by yourself and every tech replaces the head for any reason, this will put you out a lot of money for any issue.

· Registered
2 Posts
I gave them a shot, white plugged the printer almost immediately. With CMYK, I would be able get a few shirts out then I'd have to do a light clean to bring the channel back. The instant I put back OEM, CMYK had no problems.

This was almost a year ago, but it was not a good experience :(

· Registered
4,383 Posts
Hint 1: old ink causes clogs.
If you buy non-OEM ink, it is better to buy bulk ink so you can run it through a filter.

Hint 2: Ink starvation is often mistaken for a print-head clog.

In reality the clog is actually in the damper, the manifold or even a tube.

I've even used Chinese ink, costing £60/litre (around $80) without a problem, but I do have an extreme maintenance schedule and do go through gallons of ink during the production months, so the ink never stays still in a container for too long.

· Registered
53 Posts
@tabaob I found some links on 1688 and taobao chinese website which are selling oem ink which are refillable.

I am looking to buy epson f2100 and before looking for any option that have easy access to oem links.

So does epson can have oem thing work ?

· Registered
4,383 Posts
@tabaob I found some links on 1688 and taobao chinese website which are selling oem ink which are refillable.

I am looking to buy epson f2100 and before looking for any option that have easy access to oem links.

So does epson can have oem thing work ?
If they are refillable they are not OEM.
I'd suggest learning to print with genuine inks first.
Chinese white ink is not recommended. The CMYK ones are OK, but I would filter them first... Just in case.

· Registered
53 Posts
If they are refillable they are not OEM.
I'd suggest learning to print with genuine inks first.
Chinese white ink is not recommended. The CMYK ones are OK, but I would filter them first... Just in case.

I will not do it until my warranty will run out which is 1 year.
But I am thinking of ordering it before I order the machinery to know it even works.

But can I use white epson one and cmyk Chinese one together ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.