1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now you guys pretty much know me by now.. calm.. easy to talk to
.. blunt..
funny..
but I need to vent.. ow... because I am so stressed and I am going to give you one of my lessons.. of what not to do.. the story begins yesterday.. lady calls and needs 15 tee shirts... for a memorial. This would be my first... Could I do the job in a day.. well of course I can.. 15 shirts.. Iron all on white shirts.. picture.. hey this is easy.. what, whats that oh, you bought black shirts...
but I hate black shirts..
that mean....Dum de dum dum... opaque transfers... OK. Lou calm down..your a pro.. at least you keep telling your self that.. gave them a great price.. but still make good profit.. what is this going to take, a few hours...
pick up shirts.. print transfer, great there are 5 white.. oh good.. started printing.. whats that, the phone?.. you what, want me to add more wording..dates.. OK.. early stage.. after I already printed some of the transfers. Folks the memorial tees were for a 12 year old boy.. I spent the day looking at this child's face.. it was rough. Done.. call to make delivery.. no problem.. open box.. wow they love'em.. nice but... there is always a but.. Lou the dates. yeah I put them on like you said...except I made an error..I made the birth year the same as the death year.. OK I can fix that.. sure.. I am so embarrassed..
It is pretty easy to remove opaque transfer.. thank god.. Job done.. 7 hours later.. So what is the moral of this story.. PROOF READ YOUR PRINT BEOFR
YOU PLACE ON SHIRT...But hey got them done in one day.. just could not play poker..

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Thanks for sharing, Lou. BTW, how DO you remove an opaque transfer after it's been pressed? Just in case I need to know ... because this sounds like something that will more than likely happen to me. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Thank for sharing this almost tragic experience.
HOW TO REMOVE AN OPAQUE TRANSFER? I think that you can open a separate thread only with this topic, it will be a reference.

(Probably, even have a little video on that, it will be appreciate)

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
badalou said:
Folks the memorial tees were for a 12 year old boy.. I spent the day looking at this child's face.. it was rough.
Well, that puts my "crappy" day in perspective; sorry yours (and theirs) was even worse.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Lou, use your wonderful wife Myrna to proof-read. After working with text everything becomes a blur
I think the words out of here mouth were.."Why didn't you let me proof read what you were putting on the shirt, you idiot!" "See what happens when you rush!"

·
2,957 Posts
Badalouism #987,129,978:

Give wife stuff to proof-read before printing!

I had an order due today for some memorial shirts that I did for a lady at work, that had a family member die a few years ago of Juvenile Diabetes.

Not fun at all.

But of course, you pulled it off, though!

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
It never fails when it is a rush job. Looks like you took charge and fixed the problem along with keeping the potential repeat customer happy.
Cudos
Agreed, great job Lou! We don't call you MHM for nothin'

Just a quick note.. all is well.. Thanks you all for letting me vent.. Actually having a good day just got an order for 80 shirts for a school..
Good to hear that things are looking bright again :)

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
For their sake I'd be hoping they don't have cause to be a repeat customer.
Apparently this is a big family as I got a call at 3 PM for an additional 18 shirts. Guess what.. 9 of them were dark red.. sooooo I had to use the opaque transfers again... and my wife was right over my shoulder.. finished at 10PM.. no mistakes.. I hate to say this folks but I think memorial shirts are a big business.. if I could just get them to order white shirts!

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
badalou said:
I hate to say this folks but I think memorial shirts are a big business..
I think you might be right. While I don't personally understand the motivation for wanting such a thing, it is something customers want. It would be an odd (and awkward) business to be in, but it is filling a need for people that could potentially help them out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts