T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys!

I have a problem.

My DTG kiosk 3 had an error during turning the printer off, which we didn't notice and the print head spend entire night in the center of the epson unit...

The next day all of the channels were gone on the nozzle check so I did couple of head cleans and soaked the cap station with cleaning fluid for the night.

Today all of the channels came back.. but the nozzle check pattern is irregular.. most of the lines are off in every direction and the pattern looks like a wave in some places.

I cleaned the head manually and did couple of ink charges but it didn't help:(

Any suggestions?

It's a brand new head:(

· Premium Member
614 Posts
Hello guys!

I have a problem.

My DTG kiosk 3 had an error during turning the printer off, which we didn't notice and the print head spend entire night in the center of the epson unit...

The next day all of the channels were gone on the nozzle check so I did couple of head cleans and soaked the cap station with cleaning fluid for the night.

Today all of the channels came back.. but the nozzle check pattern is irregular.. most of the lines are off in every direction and the pattern looks like a wave in some places.

I cleaned the head manually and did couple of ink charges but it didn't help:(

Any suggestions?

It's a brand new head:(
What did you use as a cleaning fluid?
Does the unit have white ink?

· Premium Member
4,536 Posts
most of the lines are off in every direction and the pattern looks like a wave in some places.
If it looks like a wave, then the channels themselves are being diverted. You can place straight ammonia in the capping station and let the head sit in it for about an hour, then run a clean to see where you are with the nozzle test. If it's still wavy, then a flush of the head itself should take care of it.

· Registered
1,947 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your replys!

Here's the pick sorry for the bad quality but my phone takes crappy pictures.

I've flushed the system with cleaning fluid (oryginal DTG brand) mixed with distiled water and the nozzle check was almost perfect but after couple of prints its bad again:/

I will try the amonia approach as Jerid sugested.

BTW what's the cause of this ?

Attachments

· Registered
1,954 Posts
BTW what's the cause of this ?
Think of it as how a shower head would be with a lime build-up. with the head sitting out, you developed a crust of pigment in and around the nozzle openings. This crust (little pieces of pigment) are deflecting the droplets of ink as they are firing, causing them to not line up with the expected pattern.

Also note that ink contained in the dampers and lines can settle. If this un mixed ink proceeds to the nozzles it can cause this, either from being too thick or thin.

Reactions: Smalzstein
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.