T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what you all do/charge when a customer wants to either come back with a repeat job so they want you to store the screens.
My screen/setup cost is $30 per screen. I was thinking about charging $22 for a return customer with same job and I jsut need to reburn the screen using same films. And ifthey want me to store the screen for them, then I would charge $60 per screen and hold it for 1 year. If I do not hear from them after 1 year then, if needed, I can reclaim the screen.

Thoughts? Comments?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
I was wondering what you all do/charge when a customer wants to either come back with a repeat job so they want you to store the screens.
My screen/setup cost is $30 per screen. I was thinking about charging $22 for a return customer with same job and I jsut need to reburn the screen using same films. And ifthey want me to store the screen for them, then I would charge $60 per screen and hold it for 1 year. If I do not hear from them after 1 year then, if needed, I can reclaim the screen.

Thoughts? Comments?
We don't store screens. If the screens are just sitting there, they aren't making money. Besides, burning a screen doesn't take us much time, 2-3 minutes. But yeah charge what you want for storing them.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
James, if its an event or a regular customer that says there could be a reorder we save them a mouth or so at no charge after that we charge a new screen charge. John

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks all for the responses. It sounds like its up to the shop on whether or not store screens. Being a small shop with minimal screens, the way I am looking at it is i will get $60 from him which would take care of the $30 "screen charge" and another $30 to go and get another screen. Then, I have either built up my shop with some more screens in the arsenal, or I have a customer that keeps bringing me money.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Imagine you have 20 customers per month. All of them want to reprint a month or 2 later. Each projects need 5 frames. and all your frames are newman frames.

1 newman frame = $x.xx
20 x 5 = 100 frames
100 x $x.xx = quite a bit of dollars sitting there doing nothing.

Explain to them politely. If they are sensible, they'll understand.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Imagine you have 20 customers per month. All of them want to reprint a month or 2 later. Each projects need 5 frames. and all your frames are newman frames.

1 newman frame = $x.xx
20 x 5 = 100 frames
100 x $x.xx = quite a bit of dollars sitting there doing nothing.

Explain to them politely. If they are sensible, they'll understand.
Anthony, the reason to use Newman frames is so you can retention them for reuse after a very large run. Small shops with manual machines, I see no need for them. We tried them and the time it took to retention VS buying a new already stretched aluminum frame, the new were cheaper.
Saving screens is a Customer Service, if your in an area where there are a lot of printers you have no choice if you want to keep them. I understand where your coming from and remember the days we only had one 4 color hand press, 20 years later we print 30 to 50 thousand shirts a month. We have been blessed, but we also reinvested some of the profit to grow. If you can save them then do, if you can't then don't. Each shops decision. Bless the screen printers...lol John :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts