T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Wondering what you all think of the name Katwalla, or KatWalla for an online tshirt store? Catchy, good, silly, hmmm?
I already have the domain for this, but have not used it for t shirts yet.
Thanks!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depends. Are you a cat store?
Not just cat's, all animals. That was one of my concerns is people might think it is only cat related. Kat is short for Katherine & a lot of my friends call me Kat. Walla is something my dtr. and a couple good friends would say to each other when playing when they were younger. I have another domain , BeakerBros, but not sure on that either. :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
i like it, i did not think of cats

the KatWalla would be better as you could design a logo with a stylized 'KW" easily
throw in a catchphrase and off you go (how to make your catchphrase more catchy....)

beakerbros is very limiting, unless your sole focus is nerds

i also like your website, very retro interwebz (reminds me of the original zencart or oscommerce)

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Regardless of its origin and meaning, it has a ring to it, at least for me, a nice arrangement of syllables. It sounds ... fun. Also, as an entirely made-up word, it is eminently trademarkable.

Since the name itself is absent any obvious meaning, create a fun logo that makes the tie to T-shirts clear. Maybe a wallaby wearing a cat shirt .... 🦘🐱

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i like it, i did not think of cats

the KatWalla would be better as you could design a logo with a stylized 'KW" easily
throw in a catchphrase and off you go (how to make your catchphrase more catchy....)

beakerbros is very limiting, unless your sole focus is nerds

i also like your website, very retro interwebz (reminds me of the original zencart or oscommerce)
Thank you for the link! The website Katwalla Creations? And yes, I figured the KW would make a cool logo by itself maybe. Would you just leave the cat face on the front page, also the rocks? I don't want people to think it is only about cats, but I do kinda like the pic :) Once we can narrow things down a little more, maybe that will spark another idea or 10 :) Thank you! Always looking for suggestions or critique.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Regardless of its origin and meaning, it has a ring to it, at least for me, a nice arrangement of syllables. It sounds ... fun. Also, as an entirely made-up word, it is eminently trademarkable.

Since the name itself is absent any obvious meaning, create a fun logo that makes the tie to T-shirts clear. Maybe a wallaby wearing a cat shirt .... 🦘🐱
Thank you! I like the idea of wallaby and cat shirt :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thank you for the link! The website Katwalla Creations? And yes, I figured the KW would make a cool logo by itself maybe. Would you just leave the cat face on the front page, also the rocks? I don't want people to think it is only about cats, but I do kinda like the pic :) Once we can narrow things down a little more, maybe that will spark another idea or 10 :) Thank you! Always looking for suggestions or critique.
personally i like a clean ecommerce website, splathead's here is a good example

simple logo on the left (catchphrase under if you want, and/or name beside), then a cart box, below is your menu,
then the products (get them thinking purchase right away before they click away)
the about us page can have any info about you and your name, etc.

if you like the cat pic, simply bump it as the top header and add you logo in the empty space on the left
then add your search to the far right side of the menu (if you think you need it)

a thought i had might be to use an acronym of 'meow' for your catchphrase, a subtle wink to 'kat'
Making Establishments Ossify & Wither

anyhoo, if your weebly cannot accomplish what you envision, then woocommerece is free, and their free storefront theme is pretty customizeable

Organism Font Screenshot Multimedia software Technology
Font Screenshot Eyelash Cat Felidae

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
i forgot to mention that the majority of people like infinite scroll, so the less clicks to get to products the better

it is good you have a menu with different categories of products, but once a customer clicks on one, it should lead right to an infinite scroll of products
i.e. not another page where they are faced with another set of options to click to get to see the products they wanted to see with their first click

your homepage/landing page should be a complete infinite scroll of all your products if someone just wants to do a quick look without hitting a menu category
this way you can put your favorites, sale items, items you want to move, seasonal items, or just a good representation of your store near the top

all the best in 2022 for kw
you are unique in your offerings and name, that is your hook imho

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i forgot to mention that the majority of people like infinite scroll, so the less clicks to get to products the better

it is good you have a menu with different categories of products, but once a customer clicks on one, it should lead right to an infinite scroll of products
i.e. not another page where they are faced with another set of options to click to get to see the products they wanted to see with their first click

your homepage/landing page should be a complete infinite scroll of all your products if someone just wants to do a quick look without hitting a menu category
this way you can put your favorites, sale items, items you want to move, seasonal items, or just a good representation of your store near the top

all the best in 2022 for kw
you are unique in your offerings and name, that is your hook imho
Thank you once again for your help! Do you have a website, sell T-shirts, or a printer or? You are very helpful & knowledgable. Anyways, I like the KW, I know there are more, but just off the top of my head, what do you think of "Be Younique" or Non Ducor Duco. Latin for "I am not led, I lead". I like the pics you sent of the KW on my website page :)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thank you once again for your help! Do you have a website, sell T-shirts, or a printer or? You are very helpful & knowledgable. Anyways, I like the KW, I know there are more, but just off the top of my head, what do you think of "Be Younique" or Non Ducor Duco. Latin for "I am not led, I lead". I like the pics you sent of the KW on my website page :)
i am in a transition stage and took my website offline
currently i am working on learning a different decoration method to augment my original htv focus
if you are curious, i can pm you a link to an archive of my old site in catalog mode
this was done for free with wordpress and woocommerce, i can help you there if you want

i really like the latin phrase,
and would say to use that as a side-shoot of katwalla and see if it takes off
then if it dries out on the vine you still have your main 'kw', or if it takes off, then you can slowly fold 'kw' into it
just make sure to secure your .com asap

there have already been a myriad of name plays on 'unique', making it rather un-unique
simply being unique will win the day for you (i hope)

it will work for you, if you remember people like meeting and talking with the artist
the ratrace is actually a hamster wheel, race implies you may win one day (stick + carrot)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
i probably should have explained that ratrace comment a little

people (your customers) generally like the idea of someone who has left the wheel
almost a david and goliath, or good vs. evil, triumph, it gives them hope and a spark of ambition

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i probably should have explained that ratrace comment a little

people (your customers) generally like the idea of someone who has left the wheel
almost a david and goliath, or good vs. evil, triumph, it gives them hope and a spark of ambition
Thank you! No Worries, I wasn't offended or anything. But your explanation does make it more understandable & relatable. Good/evil/hope, etc. I have Katwalla as a .com domain already, the letters KW are already a domain for Keller Williams . You did mean Katwalla correct? On Tess, there is many KW , I would have to sift through them/pic's/etc. but that would probably be for logo. Would have to figure out what to do with the KW. Anyways, we have to narrow down a little more on the niche, but will probably start out with sayings/words/etc and a couple t-shirts with artwork. Any good printers you recommend? The one I used here, retired, am going to try another local printer, and maybe Shirt Agency in LA I think they are located., Looking at a couple others.
And yes, I would like to see your old catalog if possible.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Thank you! No Worries, I wasn't offended or anything. But your explanation does make it more understandable & relatable. Good/evil/hope, etc. I have Katwalla as a .com domain already, the letters KW are already a domain for Keller Williams . You did mean Katwalla correct? On Tess, there is many KW , I would have to sift through them/pic's/etc. but that would probably be for logo. Would have to figure out what to do with the KW. Anyways, we have to narrow down a little more on the niche, but will probably start out with sayings/words/etc and a couple t-shirts with artwork. Any good printers you recommend? The one I used here, retired, am going to try another local printer, and maybe Shirt Agency in LA I think they are located., Looking at a couple others.
And yes, I would like to see your old catalog if possible.
i pm'ed you the archive link

that is a dilemma with the 'kw', it better be very unique, or stick with 'kat walla' or the latin phrase ('ndd'???)

if you have a stock of your own designs then i would recommend getting yourself a decent heatpress and pressing your own tee's
you can get plastisol transfers from somewhere like versatranz or 613originals, and simply press as the orders come in

or if you have 1-3 color designs (like sayings) pick up a cutter and use htv
i know cricut is blowing out their explore air2 models for cheap-cheap right now ($180 here)

if things go south, or you move on, the cutter and a decent press can be re-sold for a good price

the more you can control and do in-house, the better

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't think of cat's at all... "Kat" is a common enough nickname and the fact that it's an original word is in your favor. It's easy to trademark and brand given that it was "made up" or fictitious "silly word" to begin with. (The elementary teacher in me uses the term "silly word" since that's what we call fictitious words when teaching phonics!) :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I don't think of cat's at all... "Kat" is a common enough nickname and the fact that it's an original word is in your favor. It's easy to trademark and brand given that it was "made up" or fictitious "silly word" to begin with. (The elementary teacher in me uses the term "silly word" since that's what we call fictitious words when teaching phonics!) :)
Thank you!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts