T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello is anyone using the Stone Cut Pro software from DAS? Is this software worth the expensive price tag? Do you need other software as well as Stone Cut Pro to make/create/cut Rhinestone designs? Any feedback on this software would be welcome as I am considering this software for my new business however it is very expensive but I would like to start with a strong software program that can do everything?

· Registered
1,823 Posts
Louise, whether or not the software is worth the price will be greatly varied by persons here, and will depend a lot on what you need and what skills you have.

I have the Stone Cut software and for me personally, it was definitely worth the price and there is no other software package I would prefer. That being said, I think DAS has gone above and beyond to make producing rhinestone transfSers a simple point and click process, with everything ready to go out of the box.

Some will say if you have Corel Draw experience, that you can do all these things with a simple add on macro for Corel Draw. That may be so, but I have no Corel experience, nor do I want to have Corel experience, thus the Stone Cut Pro software and all the things that can be added on via DAS, was the perfect package for me.

Some things I like best are the one click collision corrections (removes all stones that are too close with one click), the sequin mode, the bitmap conversion to rhinestone (also available in WinSignPC).

Again, you will need to decide what level of rhinestone software best fits your needs and outside knowledge level and go from there. There are several lower cost rhinestone softwares, as well as Corel macros, that will get the job done, to a certain degree.

· Registered
1,823 Posts
  1. On the MACRO tab, when you choose Place Rhinestones, look in the bottom half of that Screen and you will see a section called ADVANCED. This is where the COLLISION RECOGNITION box is located. You want to make sure that box is checked and choose a color to denote your "collision" stones.
  2. After you place your rhinestones, if you have stones that are too close, they will show up on the design in the color you chose for "collision".
  3. Select the OBJECTS tab and in the bottom window, you will see INTERSECTIONS. Highlight this and it automatically selects all those stones marked as "collision" stones.
  4. Press delete and they all go away:)

Attachments

· Registered
8,807 Posts
I have been a contented customer of DAS for at least 7 or 8 years and will continue to utilize their products in my business...I would check with DAS on the sale or purchase of any software. I think that one does not "own" the software but only the license to use it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.