T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working on a new line of shirts. I will be stocking between 18-24 different designs in 3 sizes. The inventory expense will add up quickly if i print all of these initially. Also, I expect the sizes will be sold at different rates so my replenishment will vary. (I.e need more L but M & XL have plenty) In order to combat this, I am considering printing on transfer paper and stocking the artwork. This will allow me to transfer only what I sell, rather than investing in shirts that may or may not sell.

The Pros and Cons (as far as I can see)

+Minimal Overhead Stock
+No wasted inventory (shirts)
+Printing errors less costly
+Quick production for small order quantities

-Extra Labor
-Transfer paper / adhesive etc

Has anyone here tried this method?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

· Registered
1,371 Posts
Is there a shelf life on your transfers ? Also it looks like some of the transfers are photo realistic, what process do you use on these? And finally, do you ever out source the making of transfers, and if so to whom? :)

· Registered
773 Posts
The ones that are photo's are inkjet transfers. I just print those as needed. Also some of the designs I cut in vinyl. I only do screen print transfers for ones that sell regularly. I don't know the exact shelf life, but I have some that are a year old and they still work fine. I don't outsource anything but if you ever wanted to I'd be happy to print you some :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.