T-Shirt Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
It's ok, you're still allowed to eat the free t-shortforum muffins on the stand over there.

We're cuddly teddy bears really (apart from Solmu. He draws blood)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
You know what Sophie, im so mad at you im going to have to forgive you HA HA HA. It's a joke. Were just trying to help you out here. Goodluck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
On this topic does anyone know of any sites where you can buy artwork images that can legally be reproduced onto t-shirts. Similar to what Sophie was doing but in a legal way...

E.g. An artist creates an original work and licenses it for unlimited reproduction in exchange for a once off payment. Similar to how you can buy a vector pack or a font for a once off payment that can be used for commercial purposes - same deal but with t-shirt images.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
On this topic does anyone know of any sites where you can buy artwork images that can legally be reproduced onto t-shirts. Similar to what Sophie was doing but in a legal way...

E.g. An artist creates an original work and licenses it for unlimited reproduction in exchange for a once off payment. Similar to how you can buy a vector pack or a font for a once off payment that can be used for commercial purposes - same deal but with t-shirt images.

Thanks.
Try istockphoto.com. I am using some of their stuff and its pretty good. Some of it ain't but you only have to pay for what you want to use. There is also clipart.com but their stuff isn't quite as good as the better stuff at Istockphoto. Good luck.

·
Registered
557 Posts
In case there is any doubt about illegal merchandise being Policed, this week at the Adelaide Show the Police have done exactly that on impoted knock off's

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey Sophie,
I have to agree with the others, reproducing someone elses work is never good for any business. Besides, there's nothing more unique than your OWN designs and that is what sets you apart from all the rest. To put it in short, (hypothetically speaking) if you were to sell your tshirts at a special event where there 10 other vendors other than you, and everyone pretty much ahd the same idea, wouldn't you rather have a different or better product to obtain the most possible sales? See what I mean? Do your own thing. be different.
-jjsmalls08

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Hey Sophie,
I have to agree with the others, reproducing someone elses work is never good for any business. Besides, there's nothing more unique than your OWN designs and that is what sets you apart from all the rest. To put it in short, (hypothetically speaking) if you were to sell your tshirts at a special event where there 10 other vendors other than you, and everyone pretty much ahd the same idea, wouldn't you rather have a different or better product to obtain the most possible sales? See what I mean? Do your own thing. be different.
-jjsmalls08
Hi Juanita. What you say is true but some of us only have talent in observing when it comes to art. I know what looks good but can't draw or even come up with a concept as far as art work goes. BUT I can do the mechanical part of the work and present a nice product for sale at reasonable prices. I have seen things for sale on the web that I can do for a fraction of what they are getting. AND I can personalize everything I do (once I get everything lined up) so a customer has essentially a one of a kind garment, A TRUE DESIGNER ORIGINAL. You know, if the artist hasn't the will or time to produce AND market their ideas or art, they will never get anything from it. Also I have seen sales where large, sofa sized, hand painted, original art work was sold for less than 20 dollars. When I buy (in one form or another, I pay for my pics) artwork, I am participating in a mutually beneficial arrangement. Sorry, kinda took a left turn there.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I would stick with the stock transfers. The Hot Split ones really lasts. When you think of the ink you are using to make copies, is it really worth it. I'm sure your customers would be happier in the long run. I keep asking mine if they have any trouble and they say they have held up real good. I buy a lot from pro world using their web site and if you enlarge it, it shows if it is hot split or not.
Play safe, keep away the bad guys, buy stock transfers, and save your ink for something else.
lindaschallenge

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.