T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure many of you are experiencing the same thing we are.

White shirts are impossible to find. Full size runs in most main colors like black, ash, sport grey, royal, red, etc are very difficult to find.

You spend all day getting a few shirts from Sanmar, a few from AlphaBroder, a few from SSActivewear.

Has anyone been in contact with their sales reps to find out what the future holds?

Is this an issue we are going to face for a month, 3 months, 6 months?

We are about to expand, buy equipment, hire staff, etc -- but should we be putting our plans on hold because there will soon be NO shirts to buy in basic colors and fabrics?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm interested in this issue as well. We've only just purchased dtg equipment. Ready to place my first ever order for blanks while waiting for the equipment to arrive and... nothing available! This is a problem I did not foresee as there have always been so many suppliers throughout the years as I kept eyeballing garment printing. I've finally pulled the trigger and have nothing to print on.

I'm with you... when WILL this end?

·
Administrator
14,860 Posts
This is an issue that has been going on since Covid. And won't end until Covid gets under control. Most garment factories are in countries where the vaccine is still not readily available to everyone. That is the issue in a nutshell.

I was talking with a customer who places an annual order, and forgot we went through the identical issue of availability last September as we are this September.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
A few weeks ago Alpha Broder said this:

"The latest information we are receiving from our manufacturer partners is that they do not anticipate any meaningful improvement with the ongoing supply chain issues until at least mid-2022."

I certainly feel your pain. Lots more fuss and bother, as well as frequent orders too small for free shipping. This too shall pass. Perhaps the cockroaches and water bears will find a use for all that nano-plastic we'll leave in our wake 🌎

·
Registered
56 Posts
What we've got from our SanMar rep is that the product is made and shipped, but due to Covid, it is sitting on ships in harbors waiting to be unloaded, and no idea when it will be, so no true idea of when it will be in stock. I think the 2022 timeline is probably close to accurate.

·
Registered
9,442 Posts
I am expecting this to go on through next year.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have been dealing with this too since Covid hit. One order I had to use 5 vendors to get the colors and sizes I needed. I have an order now for black shirts printed 3 colors on front, 56 small, 56 medium, 33 large, 15 xl, 7 2xl, 3 3xl, 1 4xl & 1 5xl. The larger ones are very hard to find. I like the Gildan 100% cotton but sometimes have to mix with the dry fit to complete the order. It's been a crazy ride the last year and a half and no light at the end of the tunnel yet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts