T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a couple of times stores I opened for a sports team and stock was great when I did that, but a week or 10 days later when the store closed stock was either out of low. I just recently experienced this with a volleyball store with two items from Augusta Sportswear. I called to double check stock replenishment because the site said February (which seems like a long time) and was told it was a product that wa being phased out. Well if I had known that, I wouldn't have offered it. Shouldn't there be a way to notate this on the site so we know that? Do you all call the company before offering an item or just go by the stock on their site? I couldn't find a great comparable and it was a small order, so I had to cancel it and it looks very bad for my reputation.

· Administrator
18,444 Posts
Sounds like these are fan sites you set up for team merchandise sales to family, friends, and fans?

And it sounds like customers have a specific period of time to order and you don't print until the time has expired?

Is ordering blanks in advance of you opening the store an option?

Or, to make sure this doesn't happen again, source your products from more than one warehouse? For example, TSC and S&S also sell Augusta. So before offering an item, make sure more than enough stock is available at Augusta AND at least one one wholesaler who also stocks that item.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.