T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm kind of new and looking for advice. Thanks in advance. I just purchased the promotional heat press along with stock heat transfers. I'm trying to apply these transfers to gildan 5.3 oz heavy cotton T's. My first tries resulted in the transfers not adhering to the shirt. Parts of the transfers stayed on the paper. On proworlds advice I cut a transfer into four pieces and made some changes till everything adhered. I'm using 395 deg, 12 seconds, medium to firm pressure, preheat bottom pad for three cycles, preheat shirt for 6 seconds. Samples came out great at this point. I tried again using a stock transfer and everything came out great. The paper was clean other than some color bleed transfer onto it but none of the transfer itself. On the shirt, everything looked and felt good. Today my son was going to wear the shirt for the first time and noticed that some lines of small lettering at the bottom of the print were starting to peel. I washed the previous samples and everything is still adhered as it is supposed to. Here are my questions.....
What do I need to look for now?? More pressure, more heat, more time??
Also, what happens if I have to much time, to much heat, or to much pressure??

Sorry for all the questions but I really am new at this.. Thanks again. And I just need advise. Please don't ask me to cut up another transfer the last one I cut up did come out great. So I need advise on what else might cause this. Thanks.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your replies so far. I based my tests on the instructions given for the stock transfers I purchased from proworld

Hot Peel Application Instructions
Set temperature at 390-400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Set pressure at medium.
Print 10-12 seconds.
Peel immediately while hot, in one continuous, smooth, rapid motion.
These instructions might vary depending on the transfer machine being used for the application. Variances in time, pressure, and/or temperature might be necessary. Proper temperature testing of the heating element is strongly recommended.
Video Instructions

The press is a TransPro and I did use a friends laser temp gauge. It was not to far off a couple of degrees +\- Where can I buy these strips?? I'd still like to check them. I heard already about the sweatshirt thing. Do you use it like a bottom cover and run the heat cycles with it on there?? Thanks again for your replies..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.