T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I printed my very first t-shirt last night (1:45 A.M.) (Epson 1280, Transjet paper, Geo Knight DK20S press). After i removed the paper, their is some stiffness where the lettering is (expected), and a semi-noticeable outline of the paper (espically between the letters.) . I did trim the paper around the design, but i did not cut out each letter i printed. Will this go away after the first wash, or is this just the way it is? I had my press set at 375 and pressed for 7 seconds. Should i be setting the tempature of the press different or pressing longer? The shirt does look very good though! Anything will help.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
photodiver said:
Hello,

It should go away after the first wash. How much pressure did you use? By the sounds of it, I think you may be using too much.
I was pretty much guessing how much pressure, should i have it set on a certain pressure? I wasn't sure what the preesure should be set at, the directions for the press are not to detailed.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
photodiver said:
The "marks" are caused by the transfer paper. Sometimes they go away as the t-shirt cools, and others need to be washer first. Setting the time to 12-15 sec is a good idea to give you a better imprint, but would not effect the "marks"

Decreasing the pressure will though. I would set the pressure so it takes a little force to close the press (just a little) Don't force it.

I currently am using a Hix clamshell press for my shirts and have the setting on 6.5

Hope this helps.

I was pressing on a white tee. Will try to decrease the pressure and icrease some of the time. Like i said it was the first t-shirt i pressed, and it actually came out pretty decent. Thanks to all the help on the board

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.