T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having trouble with the screen sticking to the shirt after I pass the squeege, its lifting the plastisol, should I be thining the paint? :(

·
Registered
112 Posts
kungfugrip said:
I'm having trouble with the screen sticking to the shirt after I pass the squeege, its lifting the plastisol, should I be thining the paint? :(
This happened to me when I first started on your final stroke you must squegee all ink off the image. you are shearing the ink . or the shirt will want to pull ink through the screen, also make sure you use pallet adhesive.
Is this right folks?, im not pro yet.

·
Registered
86 Posts
kungfugrip said:
Hi kungfugrip nice to meet you.

No thinning on dark garments for the most part you want it pretty thick so you can print flash print for a nice opaque final product. On light garments you should be thinning. Follow the directions on whatever thinner you choose to go with...There are a ton of them and they all pretty much work the same...It's plain plastisol with no pigment. To keep the ink from sticking to the garment you need to flood the screen (backwards motion with the squeegee at a 45 away from you) then when you have a deposit of ink on the print area drag the squeegee towards you at a 45 cleaning the entire area free of most all the ink. Then you can lift the screen without an problem if as fxmaster mentioned you have enough spray adhesive on the platen.

Hope this helps :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts