T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello:
I am in the planning stages of my t shirt business.
I want to splatter belach on colored shirts for a funky result. any ideas on how to dothis? use a rubber glove adn splatter with my finger?

I will be applying an airbrush design when finished or digital images to be embellished.

In addition i want to use stencils to create some fun effects. i am not an artist in any way. what is the simplest method? cani just buy a brush/cloth friendly paint and dab it on. Will it last most importantly. The salepersona at Micheals suggested i do this...
thanks for any help.
GG

· Registered
7 Posts
You can buy some speed ball water base ink at most craft stores and just stipple brush it on using your stencils. You'll need to heat set the ink with an iron.I'm assuming you don't have any fancy equipment? Well neither do I. Sometimes I'll even use a hair dryer to speed things up so I can use multi colors.

As far as bleaching goes just drip it on throw it on spritz whatever! Bleach is my thing cause its so east to find and cheep! I'll even show you an example!

· Registered
3,506 Posts
i just throw the shirts i bleach bomb into the wash in hot water with my whites. it might take two or three cycles to get exactly the color and effect i want but it comes out good w/o out it being extreme.

· Registered
417 Posts
If using bleach for discharging, you really need to rinse in plain water and then in antichlor to stop the bleach action. Bleach will continue to react to the garment and will eventually destroy the fabric. Always always, rinse in plain water before a neutralizing treatment. Although we all use bleach and take it for granted that is relatively harmless, it is a strong, harsh chemical. Google "neutralizing bleach".
Use discharge agents with caution wear goggles, rubber gloves, a respirator and work outside or in an area with good ventilation.

· Registered
3,506 Posts
You can buy some speed ball water base ink at most craft stores and just stipple brush it on using your stencils. You'll need to heat set the ink with an iron.I'm assuming you don't have any fancy equipment? Well neither do I. Sometimes I'll even use a hair dryer to speed things up so I can use multi colors.

As far as bleaching goes just drip it on throw it on spritz whatever! Bleach is my thing cause its so east to find and cheep! I'll even show you an example!

WOW THIS IS REALLY COOL. is there a book or a reference somewhere where a person could learn these techniques? i like the swirl symbol that looks like two 'layers'. nice stuff!

· Registered
228 Posts

Great work man they look great!

· Registered
2 Posts
I would just like to say, you are one of the few who really understood and tested and practiced my tutorial. Really great work.
I am so sorry to have found this so many years later. I invite you to reach me directly, if you would like.
Phelyx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.