T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for stencil material that I can cut on my vinyl cutter. I want to make stencils to apply designs to wood projects. I will be painting the designs onto the wood for resale. It can be plastic or a heavy paper product but want it to be reusable.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I use old film positives. Most screen printers have scrap material laying around. Use app tape on one side 2 layers of the tape. I use the stuff in my airbrush shop. Keep the design simple. Its a process but it has worked well for me. Not sure how much downforce I use .... Just start out with med pressure. And go from there. I tried some xray film but the stuff was to thick.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Laser or water-washable transparencies might work too, inkjet transparencies have a gummy side to print on that's not water resistant.

It depends on how thick you want it. Craft stencil film is pretty thick, in the past I've used plastic report covers (for comb binding) as stencils. However, all of these things may be too thick for your cutter, and even if it can do it, it might wear it out faster if you have to put the pressure and depth near the max.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Many suppliers sell paint mask for vinyl cutters. Low tack adhesive so it works on drywall and other delicate surfaces.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Earl Mich On Line Catalog. This what I have been using and selling. The painters love it I sell them stencils. If you look under specialty materials they have screen print film but I have never tried it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.