T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Please read the email that I recently sent to the sheriffs office pertaining to [an online t-shirt company]

Hello,

I was hoping you could advise me of what legal actions I am able to take against an internet based shirt company.

On June 26th 2005 my mother ordered two shirts off the website [removed] for my birthday. Around the 11th of July I received the order and one of the shirts were on backorder. After numerous messages on their answering machine I got a call back from a gentleman named Mike and he advised me that the backordered shirt had "already been shipped".

About 10 days later I still did not receive the shirt so I began calling them again but never got a return phone call. My mother was also trying to get in contact with them at the same time. Then on July 25 she received an email stating to her that I called in cancelled the order. This is a lie because I was told that the shirt was already shipped.

My mother had then advised she wanted a refund and she got a response advising it was "in process". Since then we have heard nothing from them and they have not refunded the money for the shirt that I never received.

At this point we feel like they have pretty much stolen my mothers money because they do not return phone calls or emails.

We have already filed compliant with numerous consumer reports companies, and now we are looking to take some type of legal action if we can against them.

My mother lives in West Virginia, I am in Florida and the T-shirt company is in CA. We have records of all the emails that we have sent and ones they have sent back.

Please let me know if we can file some type of criminal charges against them.

Thank you for your time

Mike Boone

·
Registered
389 Posts
I think you should threaten to give them a lot of bad advertising, like posting on newsgroups and on your own web page that they ripped you off. Then if they still don't give you back your money, go ahead and do it.

·
Registered
249 Posts
the 7-11 rule is in full effect here. those of you that have taken marketing classes know this. if someone has a good experience with a business they will tell 7 people. if someone has a bad experience with a business they will tell 11. the best way to get at them is to let the nominal t-shirt charge go and tell as many people as you can that this particular t-shirt company is bad news.

·
Registered
249 Posts
seems as though they might have shorted you two shirts, not just one. saw this advertised on their site...

Plus for every 2 shirts you order, you get a special [company name removed] T-Shirt

what a joke! guys like these give e-commerce a bad name.

·
Registered
18 Posts
How did you mom pay? If she paid by credit card, she can file a dispute w/ the cc company and they will investigate. They will remove the charges while they investigate.

HTH

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
macmediacs is right. If she paid by credit card, a simple call to the credit card company can have the charges reversed and your mom won't be out any money.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Pretty much, yeah. There is a time restriction, so if it happened many months ago you many not be able to do it anymore. After you submit the reversal and get your money back, the store has about 1.5 months to convince them they are legitimate and provided the service/product they said they did.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts