T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
badalou said:
Don't expect to remve the shackles right away. It takes time to build a business. What type of stuff are you going to do?
Hello,

i don’t expect it to be an over night success...but one can dream eh?

i would like to .

Sell unique/Custom/limited run designs that can be printed on to Tees, bags, hats etc.etc.. Mainly fashion items.

the main thing i wish to achieve is. To offer something different from the norm. Give people a sense of individuality.

Now the problem is. After reading the posts. There are arguments for and against all the methods used but they seem to be all over the forum, not in one place. Maybe this post can help answer as many question as possible that a startup/newbie may have, in one place??

What I would like to understand is:

What type of transfer should I use? Sublimation, Plastiol. Vinyl?? Or all of them? (screen printing is out of my budget)

-what would provide me with the highest quality?
-fast production time?
-what are the colour limitations?
-recommended apparel?
-what heat press?
-what printer and inks?
-Cutter/plotter?
-Software?

anyone use flock of Flex?

I’m in the process of sourcing the equipment and clothing. I haven’t spent any money yet and wont until I’m totally satisfied that I can provide the highest level of service/quality possible for the money.

Any helpful input is much appreciated.

Over and out
Nitin

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
hongkongdmz said:
Shame this guy didnt get an answer...
As Rodney has said posts are more likely to get responses when the questions are less scattershot.

Also, every single one of those questions is already answered on the forum, in detail.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Solmu said:
As Rodney has said posts are more likely to get responses when the questions are less scattershot.

Also, every single one of those questions is already answered on the forum, in detail.

Alright fellas, i've been away on business but now i;m back.

i placed this post in this room because i didn't want the conversation to grow in the Member introductions room., where the post was first placed.

take a look at "hello from london"

Plus: the idea was to have all the answers in one post. it doesn't matter if the questions have already been answered in other rooms. if you're new to this profession and have questions, you're going to ask them, mainly for your own satisfaction and peace of mind.

By the way big thanks to solmu for his input in the mentioned post. Take a look, it’s a good one.

Nuff said.:D

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
idea was to have all the answers in one post. it doesn't matter if the questions have already been answered in other rooms.
It does make it less likely that people will retype what's already there.

It would be great if everyone responded to every question, but people have limited amounts of time; the benefit of the forum structure is that even if nobody is around to answer your question, it's likely that you can find the answer in past topics or past discussions by using the search.

if you're new to this profession and have questions, you're going to ask them, mainly for your own satisfaction and peace of mind.
I've noticed that lots of people have found answers already before ever registering for the forums. There is a TON of information here :)

I try to help point people in the right direction if it's a question that has been answered before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts