T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I am starting a t shirt business and im about to buy my first heat press and injet transfer paper. Does any of you have advices? I selected the heat press on the online promotion at proworld. i would appreciate any suggestions you may have

·
Premium Member
7,661 Posts
Hi and :welcome:

*Just to look for a paper called JPSS/Jetprosofstretch for you light/white shirts.
*Ironall Dark is a great paper for dark shirts, when the quality on Ironall is up to snuff, sometimes it has QA issues. :( A back up paper that folks also like for dark shirts is Jet Wear.
*Use a teflon sheet, or parchment paper to protect your upper platen from pressing mistakes and to keep it clean, free of ink.
*Use pigment ink in your printer (not just black, colors, too). All dyes fade out of transfers (except Claria.)
*Pre- press your shirts, stretch after the first press and re-press again. The reasons why and how to fully heat press step - by - step are in the following link for you:

http://www.t-shirtforums.com/heat-press-heat-transfers/t39007.html#post229735

Best wishes, have fun, enjoy your new press and equipment and we'll see you around the boards. :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts