T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there,

My name is Sean Cooper and in the late 1980's I had a successful mail order t-shirt business here in the UK. I sold rock/metal t-shirts that I imported from the USA and retailed them to the rest of the world.

Back then there were three companies that licensed, printed and distributed them. These were Brockum (NY), Great Southern (GA) and Winterland. A sister company to one of these here in the UK managed to strangle my supply and coupled with a growing recession I went out of business.

Anyway, a lot of water has gone under the bridge since then. I am also a lot older and wiser, and the internet has been invented!!! So I am looking to start up again in a very small way, just as I did originally.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for buying tour shirts from the USA? My business was founded on getting USA tour shirts that were different to what was available here in the UK. That is what I want to do again. Motley Crue, Metallica, Slipknot, Avenged Sevenfold, etc are the sort of things I am looking for. Does anyone know who has the rights to these today?

Any advice is welcome! One of the many things I have learned in the last twenty years is to listen!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Chris,

I have already got some leads from scouring these forums. I've often thought that if the internet had been around in the eighties, and I'd been a little older and wiser I would have been made for life!

Oh well, It's never too late!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts