T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started making my designs i have all the ones i want. Im going to get my trade mark next and try to approuch retailers. What other things should i do to start getting my brand out there. Finances,marketing, approaching local stores or corporate offices anything i can get a tip on is helpful. Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Re: Starting out need help

Best to start out small and work bigger, what is your market urban, rock, ladies boutique, put a direct to where want to go who you are aim your key demographic, with samples in hand that are copyrighted ideas (It needs copyrights, or trademarks on the designs and tees) test it. Take it to a where youre demographic might shop and see if they will take it on consignment, and if all goes well your designs will sell and you can expand to other avenues, the key is that aside from a cool looking product you have to a great bullshyter, Good luck.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Don't ever change the identity of your brand... Yung iba kasi parang nagkalat na di alam ang mga designs nila... Di mo malaman kung anong target na client or buyers... If you like your brand to be corporate like... Stay that way... Pero kailangan mo ring magbenta sa mga teens, punks and bikers... Make a new brand... Para di rin malito mga buyers mo... May mga maaarte kasing type nila yung pang sosy lang at di pang masa, kaya pag nagpalit anyo ka... pulasan na mga yan...

Mahalaga sa isang produkto na may identity ito at di pang kopya lang.... Good luck sa yo.

·
Registered
6,680 Posts

I recently started making my designs i have all the ones i want.
Do you just have the designs made, or have you actually done a run of printed shirts?

If you have had shirts made, that's great. If not, start looking into sourcing blanks, pricing out printing, etc. Get a feel for all the costs involved and make sure the end product meets the standards you are setting for your brand.

Im going to get my trade mark next
Registering your brand name or logo as a trademark is great idea. But don't let it effect your budget on more important things like marketing and production. Trademark when you can afford to do so, not because you think it is the next step to getting launched.

Have you registered your business yet? Do you have a tax id number or resellers permit? These are legalities that should be done before trademarking. You will need these to legally and legitimately operate your business.

and try to approuch retailers.
When approaching retailers, make sure you are ready. Do you have samples of all products? Do you have a linesheet? Make sure you have your supply chain, production and distribution mapped out in your head in case they ask questions. And know your numbers... costs, wholesale price, retail price, minimums, etc.

What other things should i do to start getting my brand out there.
Write a marketing plan. Focus on your target market and come up with ideas that will attract your audience. Doesn't matter how big or small the idea is, just keep writing them down. Then start researching them and apply costs to each idea. Then execute the ones you can afford.

If you are on a low budget, use the social networking sites. There are lots of people out there in the same position as you, so offer up some link exchanges. You can also offer some free samples to bloggers to write features and reviews about your brand.

Finances,marketing, approaching local stores or corporate offices anything i can get a tip on is helpful.
When approaching retailers, ask to talk to the buyer or owner. Larger retailers have multiple buyers, so ask for the one that best describes your product line.

As for finances, be prepared to front the production costs when you get an order.

It's best to start with smaller stores and work your way up. Establish a relationship, be yourself and have great customer service.

·
Registered
192 Posts

Make sure you have the cash for it, knowing you might not turn a profit for a few months. Also, a lot of retailers won't deal with someone who doesn't have some experience selling or any business rep/ established visibility and customer base. Just know those things going in and be prepared for things to not go perfect.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts