T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Starting Out Advice Needed!

Hi, I'm James from London and I'm new to the forum. I'm looking to start a t-shirt line, I have some designs and logos and I've done research i.e. I found that the Clam Type Heat Press is good for beginners and that I should start out with smaller batches (e.g. 25 tees). Basically I would appreciate advice on the following:

1. Should I start with a heat press and tackle the risk or should I get my shirts professionally printed? (currently found firelabel.co.uk)

2. What's the best program to use when creating graphics and fonts? (I need one with a good anti-aliasing (sp) feature)

3. Should I start online or on a market stall?

4. What is the cheapest way to protect my designs and logos - which governing body do I go through?

5. What do you think is the best way to advertise?

Thanks in advance, James A.

· Registered
36 Posts
Not much advice from me, I'm afraid.

1. Is really up to you. If you think you can do good quality printing which doesn't crack, fade or peel after the first couple of washes do them yourself. If not, get someone else to do them for you.

2. No idea on this one

3. Again it's up to you. I do know it's difficult getting your site seen online, it takes time and you will have to do some SEO. If you start at a market you'll know sooner whether your designs are popular.

4. I don't design so again no idea on this one.

5. Depends where you are selling.

Why not have a good read around the forum, I'm sure you'll find some answers here.

· Registered
62 Posts
Re: Starting Out Advice Needed!

:)Hi James i was in the same boat as you a year ago. The best way to start is choose a market. I do Tarantulas and religous T.s. I design and make my own using a clam shell press. Its all trial and error if it works i will use it. i sale by word of mouth as when you get more established and people find out what you do. I have found facebook as a good selling cite Have also sold on Ebay. Its all about trial and error at the end of the day mate.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.