T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Solmu is right on the money.

I'd buy and sell anthing before branding over to tshirts. Buying to start with....You can easily spend under $150 on tiny stuff from a few sellers to get your feedback jumpstarted over 100 in one swoop.

The selling dynamics really do change after you are over 100, and especially over 1000.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
I'm also a long time ebayer and aBay forum poster, and I agree with much of what you say Ross, but with a few big exceptions.

Ross B said:
I'm an active Ebay buyer and seller. It is not my experience at all that a seller's feedback rating has a lot to do with how much the item sells for. It may be the case that a seller with a zero or low feedback rating attracts less buyers,
I would agree with this up to a point. I think it's less true over a certain value (say $100), People *are* willing to risk a low feedback seller on a low value item far more than for a $1000 stereo. If they price goes too high, a secondary caution comes into play for many buyers.

Ross B said:
That stuff about getting over 100 etc is just not true, and the 1000, 3000 and 10,000 claims are just ridiculous. It is far more important to have good, positive feedback than notching up hundreds of ratings.
I agree that solid positive feedback is critical. But there's endless research that the higher the feedback, the higher the sell-through rate. Big numbers stick out. This is especially true with something with such a variable quality as tshirts. Big numbers inspire more confidence. Sure, it may be in only 10% of buyers, but when you're selling 60 units a day, those numbers add up.

·
Registered
1,970 Posts
Sarafina,

I'd also advise using www.terapeak.com. You can get a free month, then cancel, so it costs you nothing. It's a research analysis tool. Go to Seller Tools, and search for tshirts in the category option or look at a biggish seller, like borderdogstshirts.

You can work out how you should be schedualing your auctions for maximum profits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.