T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have had great results with eBay. I recommend just starting out selling stuff you don't use or have outgrown. I started out that way and sold some items for just a couple bucks but I learned how to list, watch and then ship the item. Read all you can on the ebay forums and ask questions with the "community". I also bought two books on how to run an eBay business. You will discover when to sell items, for how much and the ins and outs of shipping. There is a lot of trial an error but once you get the hang of it posting items for sale becomes easy as it is all repeatative.
Suggestions:

1. take clear pictures (the more the better). If you are selling clothes use a model or mannequin. I also bought white poster boards as a back drop. Learn to use a photo touch up program whether it is ebay's or Photoshop.

2. clear descriptions to avoid returns. color, material, measurements and condition

3. Learn basic HTML so you can post pictures for free. You can find this on 3schools.com. SIgn up for Photobucket or something similar to store your photos.

4. Buy mailer envelopes in small and large sizes. You will save a lot of money this way

5. Make sure your product is something someone wants. Take advantage of ADVANCED SEARCH and see what has sold and for how much. You would be amazed at what is selling.

I hope this info helps. Also one last thing. Look at your sales reports if your expenses are more than what is coming in you need to stop and find a new product. It is easy to get carried away and keep relisting items for auction.

·
Registered
40 Posts
actually site it is W3Schools Online Web Tutorials. you should go through the HTML tutorial. The direct link to insert photos into your auction is
HTML Images

By the way all my ebay auction still have my pics. I have 2-4 pics on each listing. take a look. Just google DesignIncluded. I got scared there for a minute.

I hope that helps,

Hey Saari, I tried that link, but it didn't go anywhere... how does that work with the pictures? I've seen it done, can you explain more? What does Ebay think of it, any idea or feedback from the community? Thanks alot.. Kelly

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hey Saari, I tried that link, but it didn't go anywhere... how does that work with the pictures? I've seen it done, can you explain more? What does Ebay think of it, any idea or feedback from the community? Thanks alot.. Kelly
Ebay doesn't tell you do it but all the literature and people on forums tell you to do this to save money. Everyone does it! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.