T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ppl
I knew t-shirts were hot but I didn’t know there are so many people gathered in a fine community like this

I researched the last few weeks the t-shirt business and I must say I’m a little confused from the options and methods they’re used

To give you understand what I know so far :
I knew screen printing from the past but only as a phrase and not how it works or that can be used to other forms except paper
The embroidery I learn it last week. Until then I thought the designs were created by hand.
For the heat press I learnt it from comic books before many many years ago how to iron the design to the shirt but only this.
The dye sublimation was just a new technology for me when I searched an old Fargo printer for a customer

I work with internet and computers for many years so my field is towards this business area

Once I found the forum I tried to followup with all the topics here. Some are ok, other are too advanced for me

What I want to ask is if there are references somewhere I can read for the techniques the plus, the minus of each method, what method is best for, how you suggest to start…

Even I’m a fan of the “start small, think big” attitude I don’t want to buy equipment that will be useless in few months if I decide to take this job to a higher level once of course I reach the level of you here in the forum

Let me have your ideas
Thanks

·
Registered
303 Posts
The level of people in this forum isnt all folk with successful t-shirt companies, there are many people who are just starting or making plans to start. If you want to learn more then search the forum for advice and ask for help when you want it. I'm a relative newcomer but i've learnt so much from asking for help and reading the answers I'm given. I think most people here have started from small.....

·
Premium Member
27,689 Posts
What I want to ask is if there are references somewhere I can read for the techniques the plus, the minus of each method, what method is best for, how you suggest to start…
If you search back in the forums for screen printing vs heat press, there are some great older threads that talk about the benefits and challenges of both.

You can always ask any specific question that you need clarification on or didn't find an answer to.

:welcome:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.