T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,346 Posts
Photoshop is great. I use it for all my designs.
The 15 x 15 press is the way to go.

Epson Pigment ink printer C88 for about 80 bucks.

If you're printing opaque (dark) yes you will need a background or you may have to cut around designs.
Light or white tees you use hot peel and then your background is white but when you print the tee shirt the background shows through and not the white. Hope this helps. :)

SmugT said:
I am looking to start a t Shirt store.

I plan on purchasing a 15x15 Heat Press, but I have a few questions.

I want to create my own designs and print them at home. What products would I need to do this? I have Adobe Photoshop But I notice most people suggesting Corel Draw?

Would Photoshop work?
What printer would I need to print my designs? What paper?

Also, when I print my designs from the computer will they end up having a background color? I don't want that. Say i just want to print a black and white image and some text. No background color. What is used to do this? A Cutter?

Where can I get that and how does it work?

Any and all help is appreciated, thanks.

· Registered
5,346 Posts
The r1800 is large format printer it uses pigment ink and runs about $550. But it uses 8 inks. The c88 is about 80 dollars. There are other printers that come with Dye ink and can be converted to bulk systems that use pigment ink like the 340. I use an all in one cx7800 that uses pigment ink. Any help I can give I will. Lou

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.