T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi y'all.

I live on Maui, and have a good opportunity to sell T-shirts at a store in a tourist town (Paia).

I'm trying to figure out which press, printer and compressor to buy.

Reading the forum has been very educational for me. Thanks for the sage advice here.

As much as I would love to output white text heat transfers for black t-shirts, that is apparently still the domain of screen printed transfers.

Thanks for any help!

Mark

·
Registered
119 Posts
Let me know if you want me to come over there and live.... I mean help out.

I couldn't think of a better place to sell shirts, plus work for your self. You are in paradise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Me too me too, I've come and live there, oh I mean work there .... for the white text on Black tee shirts you could look at plastisol, I think there is a couple of threads going at the moment about text.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Heat transfer vinyl is great for white text on black tees. Would need a vinyl cutter to do this, but they are less expensive than screen printing equipment. Plastisol transfers are great for this as well. Will you be selling shirts with stock text designs on them or printing on demand per the customers text? This is an important aspect to consider when deciding what equipment/process to invest in. BTW...Welcome aboard!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the replies and warm welcomes!

We have a big house, so everyone is invited!

Just so you know - the waves are biggest in the winter for surfing, the wind strongest during summer months for windsurfing, Kiteboarding. The weather is the same basically year round - rain and sun!

The white on black I forsee would be text + logo stock designs, not print-on-demand.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I'm in for the party! Rodney, are you reserving a cruise ship or free flights for members with so many posts? :)

Mark, my personal recommendation would be plastisol transfers or screen printing for what you are looking to do. However, if the logo stock designs are a lot of photo quality stuff you might consider printing digital transfers or direct to garment printing. A lot of it also depends on the intial start up budget. Good luck with your venture and I'm sure others will post their recommendations.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts