T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just starting out screen printing. Built an exposure unit following this recipe: home built uv exposure equipment screen printing silk screen and screen print

I've successfully produced 1 screen that I have printed and made a few t-shirts :).

However this image was not that detailed and 1 color. I want to make some multiple colored images, some needing cmyk. I'm having trouble finding inks that don't need heat curing at like 300 degrees.

I'm also a little worried about registration. I don't have a press yet, my station consists of a small table with hinge clamps.

Oh yeah and I'm currently using a 110 mesh count screen. I know for more detailed images I should be using a higher mesh count. Not sure how high though.

Any tips or suggestions? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hi, for what you have 1 color is fine, to do other color you will need to have a press for the registration to be on point. I do not know how it will work with what you have, but the 110 mesh is fine for the other color to and designs. I would use a higher mesh cost for half tones for lest ink. LaTonya

1 - 2 of 2 Posts