T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello-

I am interning in Nicaragua for two months and a women's group just got a grant to start a silk screening cooperative. They have bought all the supplies and are well on their way.

The issue is that most of the women do not know how to read or write let alone use a computer. They are learning to screen print basic images, in no more then three colors. I was hoping you guys could help me out with some websites that have images that are simple and in black and white. That way I can teach the women computer basics, and the can get their images off the internet at no cost!

Let me know! Anything would be helpful!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Youtube has a lot of video tutorials that might help them. Just run some searches. You (or someone else) may need to translate it for them, but it should be very useful. Good luck!

·
Registered
508 Posts
microsoft has free clip art, I think you can get to it from msn.. also Action Art club and you can join them for I think $40.00 per month and dowload like 30 images.. also in their purchases or if you can get someone, maybe even the company like Adobe or Corel you could teach them to download black and white and trace it.. Next would be that where you are must have some native type of art that could be hand drawn and then scanned and printed out in one color or more depending on your abilities.. I also have some art that I would probably give you free... go to www.lakecountrygraphics.com/davidsart and look around and email me at [email protected] and tell me you are looking for anything specific and I can probably help
dlac

1 - 3 of 3 Posts