T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am relatively new to the tshirt business. I do have a hot press, and a transfer company that I purchase my transfers from. I only do about 500t's a year as of now being as though it's only been a side job/favor for a friend.

I am now in the beginning stages of starting my own store in our downtown area. I will be doing custom t's, but I would like to carry other t's in the store as well. Kind of like a tshirt store:) duhhh...anyhow, I really like the tshirts on the palmercash website.

I am not sure if they sell their transfers or are a strictly 'buy a shirt for 20bux' store? Obviously I know that I can't copy their designs, but to cut down on costs I would like to try and press them myself, or buy them wholesale if available.

Also, I will be pressing in a fairly small area, anybody have any good air filtration systems out there?

What else goes well in a tshirt shop?

I really don't want cheesy...I hate cheesy.

I would like hip/designer/funky stuff....any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Re: new to the biz....help please

:welcome:

Wow! that sounds like alot of fun, openning up your very own " street store ". There are so many creative things to think about, like what color should the store front be ?, or what cool unique stuff are we going to stock it with, the originality and designs, and so on.... I find that to be the best part. :D

Location would be important.

as for " I would like hip/designer/funky stuff....any ideas would be greatly appreciated! "

Your custom t-shirts part of the store would attract " hip/designer/funky " customers, i would think.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts

Also, I will be pressing in a fairly small area, anybody have any good air filtration systems out there?
Sounds like a sweat shop to me.LOL. If you do not have any good air flow where you are working your going to get awful warm. If anything have a fan blowing the heat from the press away from you.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts

badalou said:
If you do not have any good air flow where you are working your going to get awful warm. If anything have a fan blowing the heat from the press away from you.
Lou havent you heard, its not cool to use air conditioners, it destoys the enviroment. This type of coolness mentality is growing BIG here in Canada.

...at the malls they still use A/C. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

yeahyeah I understand what to do about the heat;) , I just really hate the smells. I guess I'll just install some type of air filtration system.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts

T-BOT said:
Lou havent you heard, its not cool to use air conditioners, it destoys the enviroment. This type of coolness mentality is growing BIG here in Canada.

...at the malls they still use A/C.
What, still? I thought that was mostly solved when we largely switched from R-12 to R-134a refridgerant; or are they still predominately using R-12 in Canada?

(Or, the switch might've only been made for vehicle A/C and not home/business A/C; not certain)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts

yomjo7 said:
I just really hate the smells.
Do you mean transfers/tshirts making smells ? wear a mask. :) lol

It sounds like you're opening up an Aroma T-shirt-shop. You may have something there...;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

yeah transfers smell, and a mask doesn't help...but thanks for trying;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

YES,

Exactly what I was thinking...THanks for all of the useful information and help guys!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
353 Posts

If you're going to ventilate the shop, and you have the cash, you would put in a ventilation set-up like they have in darkrooms. Basically the air above where you're working gets sucked up, and out the building.

Then all the birds hanging out around the shop will... mmm. .. nevermind.

·
Registered
3,800 Posts

kentphoto said:
put in a ventilation set-up like they have in darkrooms. Basically the air above where you're working gets sucked up, and out the building.

Then all the birds hanging out around the shop will... mmm. .. nevermind.
Heck, why not just keep the back door open then, that would create out-vaccum.

I thougt this was more of a complete isolation suck it up treatment filtration concept we were trying to figure out.

what birds ? around here it's the Bionic Blue Jays in a perservation area. I'm so proud of that. :)

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

Why dont you just get one of those stand in the corner ionic air filters or whatever ya call them. Watch out for those dreaded teflon fumes as mentioned in the other thread...little birdies dont like em.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

Twinge said:
What, still? I thought that was mostly solved when we largely switched from R-12 to R-134a refridgerant; or are they still predominately using R-12 in Canada?

(Or, the switch might've only been made for vehicle A/C and not home/business A/C; not certain)
Yeah they switched everything I think and auto ac hasnt been the same since. Wasnt that all about the ozone hole? We are under an ozone warning all the time here in the heat of s. Texas...too much ozone.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts