T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am looking to purchase a beginner heat press. I'm a design student with not a lot of spare money. Hoping I can get a reasonably priced press to print my Illustrator files and turn around the cost in a few weeks. Maybe upgrade after 4 or 5 months.

There are some cheap options around £180 like the "PixMax" 38x38cm clam (anybody know what they are like).

My main concern is the supplies that I am printing on to, i.e. ink, transfers etc. I'm clueless... Whilst I want to do this on a budget to keep risks low I obviously want my tees to be as sharp and durable as they can be for my budget.

I'm not sure about screen prints etc... seems like a lot of faffing. Any advice is really appreciated!
Thanks.

· Registered
7 Posts
check out pro world, they have some really affordable heat presses, i got mine form there about 3 years ago, never had any issues with it. Its nothing fancy but gets the job done. Paid $299.00 for mine. They were or are running a special for the same press for $99.00 if you buy a certain amount of supplies from them. Good deal in my opinion. Also check get you some jpss transfer paper, it works with dye and pigment ink. I have a epson 1430 with claria high def ink and prints last just as long with the dye ink as it does with my pigment ink.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.