T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am purchasing inks for the 1st time, and need advice. I will be spot printing on a 4 color 4 press, for the time being. Eventually I plan to start doing process printing as well, but for now, I will be purchasing plastisol inks. Here is what I was thinking, and any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Starting out:

Ultrasoft (primary colors/gallon of each)

Maxopake (primary colors/gallon of each)

White and Black Ink (Ryonet White Gal & Ryonet Black Gal.)

I would love feedback. Does this sound on target? Is there anything I'm missing?

· Registered
1,036 Posts
If you're just starting out, I would try to estimate how much printing you are going to be doing at first. A gallon of ink
goes a long way. I would get a gallon of white and black, but I would start out with quarts for the rest of the colors. You can buy a larger selection of stock colors that you will most likely use.

Reactions: amberleshae

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response. My only reason for buying a large amount of all the inks, is because my business is going to be in Nicaragua. If I am able to find the inks (this is another hurdle I am trying to cross), it would be in Managua, which is located 3 hrs. from the town I live in. Therefore, it would save me some trips back and fourth.

· Registered
2,942 Posts
If it were me, I'd skip the Maxopake inks and underbase colors on darker shirts. You'll generally get a brighter and softer print. I'm presuming you have a flash unit, which you'd need to print/flash/print the Maxopake inks anyway.
You also might want to investigate more thoroughly what inks are available locally. Outside the US waterbased inks seem to be more popular, and if that is what is more easily accessible, those might be a better choice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.