T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a business start up idea and have a grant and loan pending with the decision based on the price I justify. I am completely new to the market despite an extensive business knowledge and a business degree I am aware of the hard work and learning I will have to endure to ensure the success of entering this market.
So far the research has led me to many different products and I want to ensure they are good value and reliable. I am using the sublimation process.

The printer I want to purchase is the SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 A4 PRINTER this comes complete with creative studio and Sawgrass Sublijet-R dye sublimation inks I will also be printing mugs. My designs are mainly quotes and simplistic. I will be using TRUE PIX SUBLIMATION PAPER and the generic heat tape.

The mug press ( I know not part of this forum) I have been looking at is PNEUMATIC AUTO Mug Heat Press ST-110.

I have not found the heat press to use for the tshirts, all I know is I want the swing away type (possible 38x 38 cm)

I will be looking to buy blanks and the print wear and promotion show at the NEC this month, until I have the loan I can't purchase the equipment so am hoping to gain some supplier information at the show.

Any advice? purchasing dos and donts?

· Registered
692 Posts
I have a business start up idea and have a grant and loan pending with the decision based on the price I justify. I am completely new to the market despite an extensive business knowledge and a business degree I am aware of the hard work and learning I will have to endure to ensure the success of entering this market.
So far the research has led me to many different products and I want to ensure they are good value and reliable. I am using the sublimation process.

The printer I want to purchase is the SAWGRASS VIRTUOSO SG400 A4 PRINTER this comes complete with creative studio and Sawgrass Sublijet-R dye sublimation inks I will also be printing mugs. My designs are mainly quotes and simplistic. I will be using TRUE PIX SUBLIMATION PAPER and the generic heat tape.

The mug press ( I know not part of this forum) I have been looking at is PNEUMATIC AUTO Mug Heat Press ST-110.

I have not found the heat press to use for the tshirts, all I know is I want the swing away type (possible 38x 38 cm)

I will be looking to buy blanks and the print wear and promotion show at the NEC this month, until I have the loan I can't purchase the equipment so am hoping to gain some supplier information at the show.

speak to this guy. I have nothing to do with them except I use their products ...I used to sell with a chinese guy on ebay and I know the difference between what works and what does not....but these guys always come back and ask if I need anything even if I buy very little the last few months.

Carl Newbury <[email protected]> you can tell him I sent you but he wont have a clue who I am ...lol

BTW you wont beat their heat presses either...they are expensive BUT they work.

Where are you in the UK??

regards Andy T

· Registered
692 Posts

BTW...in my opinion I would not use subli for Tshirts.

You can be either cheap and not that good or expensive and still not compete with £100,000 for a DTG. Yes There was one two years ago at the NEC show....the show will blow your mind and your loan But subli for T shirts not really IMHO. Magic touch do laser and also excellent 123 flex vinyl....non of it cheap but you get what you pay for in the T shirt business.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you I will email him in the morning, the reason I have opted for Sublimation print is the market I am targeting, my tshirts are more novelty than fashion and the price range reflects that, people aren't expecting the best quality (although I know can't produce bad quality either) I'm just not sure it would be worth the investment.
I am in the south-east but will be travelling to Birmingham for the show
Kind Regards
Dannielle

· Registered
2,441 Posts
There is very little wrong with the print quality of sublimation over transfer, DTG or screenprint. All the processes are different, all have a different 'feel' and all lend themselves to different aspects of the garment decoration game. All the methods require some trial and error at first, but when you hit the sweet spot the results on all are good.

The SG 400 will get you started, but you might ultimately find you need A3 prints on t-shirts. Unfortunately the SG 800 A3 printer is very expensive when compared with other A3 printers.

Sadly, when you go to the show, nearly all of the dealers will push you down the (expensive) Sawgrass/Subli-jet route. There are cheaper options, using Epson printers and Inktek inks ( £70 litre as opposed to £1360 litre for Subli-jet), but there will be less support, apart from the forums.

Even with Sublijet the ink cost per print is only pennies on mugs, but on larger t-shirt prints gets pricey. It also hurts when you need to rplace all 4 sublijet cartridges at the same time (£170).

· Registered
8 Posts
I also heartlity recommend The Magic Touch UK.
been using them as my supplier of choice since 1990 or 91 ?
they only sell good stuff and back it up.
their tec support is fantastic, you will always get a new fabric or strange situation, and a phone call will get you sorted.
If you want to stay in business, use TMT !

· Registered
3 Posts
You must also think about the confort of your customers. You should put yourself in their shoes and see if you would go as a simple client to your startup for something or not. Also, I haven't seen things related to the bank and officials like that in your text. If you want to have a successful business, a successful carrier in this field, you must think about all things related to the state. It is also essential to put some card machines, for the pleasantly of your future customers.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.