T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how much do you need to start a screen printing company. I have about 3500 what do you guys think is that enough?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Same here...I started for less than $600. That was a 1 color press, lots of ink, and all the extras I needed. I got lucky and fell into a great job before I even bought the stuff.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You could build a 1 color press with a $40 Aluminum screen and spending about $100 on wood. Plus $15 for a quart of black ink, and $5-20 depending on the size of the squeegee. Output can be done at Kinko's with velum paper. That's about as barebones of a start up I can think of.
Now if you have the clients and have great credit, you can purchase a 8 color automatic with all the essentials for about $40k.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Screenprinting is definitely something where you fit the shop to the budget. You could start (with difficulty) with a few hundred, a few thousand is better, ten thousand plus is better still. You just buy what you can afford and get by. $3500 is a decent amount. If you're careful about what you buy, it'll go a good distance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts