T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Of course she makes it look easy.
Just another printer looking for publicity.
Nothing wrong with it, but if DTF is so great... why is she still printing DTG? ;)
DTG is the most popular method for printing one offs on cotton tees, and there is a reason for it.

The $1 print cost sounds great as well, but large prints for adult shirts cost $3 to $4 to produce, so nobody is selling them for $5.
If the "unicorns" people are dreaming of were real, everybody would be doing it and we would all be out of business.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I agree with you, I do more DTG than DTF. I have been doing both, And it cost more than $4 to $5 when you factor in everything to make the DTF transfer. I have the Epson F-3070 and it cost more than that to do a large transfer.

·
Administrator
15,176 Posts
Just another printer looking for publicity.
Publicity? They are looking for views. The top youtuber last year grossed $45,000,000.

but if DTF is so great... why is she still printing DTG?
She mentioned in the video she does it for polyester and poly blends.

I wonder if some DTG owners are now foregoing a pre-treat machine expense and just doing darks with DTF.

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Publicity? They are looking for views. The top youtuber last year grossed $45,000,000.
Ad revenue from views could be the long term objective as well, but I bet she is making more money from sales at the moment.

I wonder if some DTG owners are now foregoing a pre-treat machine expense and just doing darks with DTF.
Some printers may do, but DTF printed shirts look and feel cheap.
Acceptable for dark polyester shirts though, as alternative to printable HTV.

·
Administrator
15,176 Posts
Ad revenue from views could be the long term objective as well, but I bet she is making more money from sales at the moment.
I can see doing youtube videos like this if you're a hobbyist. But she has what she wants to be a thriving business and she is basically teaching viewers how to compete against her.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
I can see doing youtube videos like this if you're a hobbyist. But she has what she wants to be a thriving business and she is basically teaching viewers how to compete against her.
Yeah, I wondered too.

She's got expensive gear. Hotronix Fusion and the 2100. That suggests (doesn't guarantee) that she is making money somehow.

There are some other folks I see on YouTube who are always magically acquiring new and expensive printing gear of one sort or another, and seem to spend their every waking moment on YouTube reviewing their new toys and showing us fun things to do with them. When do they get around to doing work for actual customers? Which leads me to wonder, do these people get gear for free (or at a heavy discount) in exchange for YouTubing about it, and then a significant cash flow from YouTube on top of that. But more importantly, how can a hairy old sarcastic geezer get a slice of that in time for "retirement"? :confused:

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
There are some other folks I see on YouTube who are always magically acquiring new and expensive printing gear of one sort or another, and seem to spend their every waking moment on YouTube reviewing their new toys and showing us fun things to do with them.
Influencer marketing ;).
Very effective, and can be very profitable as well.
There are of course many variations in the way it's done.
Some influencers are complete fakes (possibly just employed actors).
Others (like the lady in this video) are actually using the products for part of their business, but it could also be just for attracting more publicity.

YouTube is full of similar DTF printing videos, and printing DTF transfers is not the core of her business.
She is not giving away the things most people cannot do (selling her own brand blank garments, as well as other supplies and even designs).
Many small companies are doing similar type videos, because publicity is good for sales.

Nothing wrong with any of that... All I'm saying is that DTF is not the unicorn people are chasing.

She mentioned in the video she does it for polyester and poly blends.
Good point.
I skipped/missed tjis part initially. DTF is acceptable for this type of use... just like Vinyl.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts