T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am printing shirts for a cub scout pack. The leader of this group is a graphic artist and has sent me his artwork for the shirts. I DO NOT want to mess up! (I'm a newbie can you tell?) This order could bring in much more business if I get it right - so I want it to be perfect! :)

This order is for youth shirts front and back with the basic cub scout logo on it which is no problem. BUT...

Here's the question:
Is there an industry standard for youth shirts on location of the graphic? I know the adult standard now thanks to Rodney (thanks Rodney), but what I need to know now is about the kid sizes.

Thanks for any help you can offer!

Susan:)

·
Registered
382 Posts
Re: location, location, location???

I used to work at a screenprinting shop as a graphic designer and and did some cub scout shirts. For left chest designs it's usually 3"-3.5" if it's circular/square since shapes like those appear larger. Anything else 4-4.5" if its something like text. Although it really is up to the individual but those are the measurements we usually did even on youth shirts.

As far as back same rules apply. If it's circular we never went over 10" so for a youth maybe 8-9" for back. Anything else I wouldn't go over 11" on youth shirts.

I don't know if these are industry standards or not, but it's what I learned and from what I see it remains consistent.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: location, location, location???

Thanks so much for the info. I finished the shirts this morning. The customer sent me a photo copy of the shirt from last year with the 10" high logo 2" down from the collar. It ended up with " down for the front and 3.5" down in the back and the customer was thrilled.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts