T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always work with a wide range of sizes for t-shirt orders and obviously a 2XL shirt should not have the same size imprint as an XS.

I know that it all depends on the design you are working with, but does anyone have a good spreadsheet with imprint measurements?

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
There really isnt a standard to my knowledge. Most sizes are just based on the shirt size and the design and the artist & printer.

Personally I use these loosely and have never had a unhappy customer in over 12 years on the size of the imprints.

4 inch - Left Chest
12 inch - Full Front / Full Back
9-10 inch - Youth
2.5 -3.5 - Sleeve

A lot of Full Back designs I would go larger - up to 15 inches square.

Unless you are printing large runs of XXL and larger I would not even think of changing print size. Only if the size of the run permits would I change for larger sizes than XL.

Anything smaller than a Youth Medium, I will go to a smaller imprint size, unless large print runs warrant printing a youth size imprint on youth medium as well.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great. Thanks for this!

The problem I have is that I fill a lot of unique small print orders and a lot of times the sizes of the tees range from small - XXL. It's been hard to figure out a way to make the imprint look good on both extremes. Unfortunately with screen-printing, the last thing I want to do is create 2 screens for an order of 25 pieces.

Thanks for your help though! And I will give those measurements a shot!

·
Registered
844 Posts
Yeah, that sucks when you get an order of 50, all Lg and XL, and "oh, hey, can you do 2 youth smalls for my kids?"

I guess that's when it's nice to have a direct to garment or a design that will look good heat transfered.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts