T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sublimation Qu:I am doing stainless steel water bottles from Conde in a convection oven. Can I spray the transfer with prospray before putting on the water bottle, or is it best to just use heat tape?
Thanks.

·
Registered
532 Posts
the answer is either, but I like the tape.

The spray gets clogged on us and it can leave spots.

I am sure many people use it with no issues-but that has been our experience.

·
Banned
456 Posts
I use both. The trick to not getting spots with the spray is to start spraying OFF of the object and pass over it before you quit. You use this technique with any type of spray. It's the starting and stopping that spits out "chunks" that cause the spots.

·
Banned
39 Posts
Here's a video:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjvnYOrzxk[/media]
I suspect you are using too much spray, spraying too close to the paper, and or need to clean your nozzles by soaking them in alcohol or some such cleaner.

·
Registered
15 Posts
The spray requires that the bottle be shaken before use. This will keep the contents streaming nice and smooth. Also, there is a little black line on the neck of the can. You are supposed to line up the spray nozzle with this black line. This will ensure the supply straw is positioned all the way down to the bottom of the can. As with ANY glue, no matter what you do you will get some hardening around the exit point. Pro Spray is no exception. Just keep the nozzle clean with something like a sewing needle and some alcohol and things should go just fine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts