T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are trying to use the flock material for the Rip-Away Process. The problem we have is after we rip it away, there are perforated edges showing. Have tried stitch density all the way down to 30mm and still have the issues. Anyone else have this issue or have any recommendations? Photos attached for visuals.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,645 Posts
Haven't used it, sorry.

That being said, I would probably consider that after your tack-down stitch, use an edge running stitch and then rip off the excess before you sew down the final satin edge, that should cover up the edges.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tried the running stitch idea, however it will fairly difficult to tear the material without causing the garment to stretch and shift. We ended up using the garment meant for this job, but was very tedious and time consuming. Thanks for the advice so far.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I use the material frequently for heat transfers and it cuts like warm butter. I think the solution would be much denser stitching on the outline
What density are ou using fo rthe satin stitch? Stahls recommends 38mm, and i have been using 30mm. It tears away easily but still seeing some white through the black

1 - 7 of 7 Posts