T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:mad: I have seen several post that have been critical of the

Premium plus vinyl. Some say the product peels off. Is there

a problem with this vinyl that we should be aware of?

I looked on their website and they are saying they are

having problems keeping up production. Makes one wonder

if there are problems with this product. Can some of you

that have experience with the Premium Plus comment on

this? Thanks for the info.

· Registered
162 Posts
Actually, web site says it's a shortage of materials. I se it, but it can be tricky. One color might peel better cold, the next hot. I always repress after peeling away the backing...haven't had complains about peeling since I've done that. They are currently out of nearly every single color, so for the moment, it might be a moot point :)

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Knehmer--Thanks for the reply. But the fact you say there are differences between the colors seems to be

an indication of a problem. They say a shortage of

materials, but history shows that many companies don't like to admit problems. Not saying Stahls is doing

this, just the conspiracy theory syndrome (lol). Anyone else have information on this product??

· Registered
92 Posts
We've had great success woth Premium Plus. It needs a sharp blade to cut and you get a bunch of detail out of it. It's great for school stuff and large letering and numbers. Have items with almost 2 years on them and no problems to date. You do see a bit of dye migration or bleed if you layer the colors.

I personally don't feel that Stahls has a mfg problem, but a scheduling problem. They go into backorder during every seasonal run. We get this during Little League, just before school starts and pretty much whenever you get a big influx of people needing team gear. All in all, very satisfied with Premium Plus.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
92 Posts
Sorry, I meant to say you WON'T get a bunch of detail from it. Also, we have noticed the inconsistency of the peel. Some hot, some warm, some cold. Just takes a little time to know the requirements of each color. You'll soon have your popular colors and it just becomes second nature.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using T-Shirt Forums

· Registered
1,882 Posts
We do apologize for the inconvenience that this causes and are working hard on a solution.

As an alternative, we recommend the following products:

CAD-CUT® Super Film - for softness and stretch – With a light-tack frosted carrier, this similar to Premium Plus with a soft, matte finish and easy weedability on large designs. Available in 20" wide roll.

CAD-CUT® Fashion-FILM™ - for softness and a sticky backing Fashion-FILM has a sticky pressure sensitive carrier making it ideal for smaller graphics. Available in a 15" wide roll.

To see Super Film and Fashion Film colors comparable to your favorite Premium Plus colors, download this PDF file or see color comparisons on this Flickr.com page.

Also feel free ask me any questions.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.