T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using both Stahls and Siserstuff since I started doing vinyl about 6 months ago. I'm a small shop out of our home.

In the past, I had trouble getting the PP to press and come off the backing. Once I got it working, I was amazed. I love the finished product with PP. However, I just ran into a big issue. We'd been on a run of using siser stretch in place of it to try out. I liked it but really thought the PP had a better feel. I've used a lot of white, red, yellow, and navy blue for school-related shirts.

Today it turned around for me. I have an older roll I'd bought when we previously used PP that I'd not used of black. I just never had to open it and switched to Siser stretch for the ball season shirts. The wife and I made the decision to swap back to PP and made a big order a few days ago. (Had bad luck with that also unfortunately)

We'd actually opened the black and made a few designs for it. They are the same design I've made with both navy blue and yellow without a single problem. This roll of black is aweful to weed. Completely aweful. It comes off the backing and I've wasted enough now to make no money on the order.

I've tried to slow the blade. The blade is a 45 degree that I put in today. Brand new.

Any tips to making this stuff work? I'm almost tempted to trash the roll and buy the black in stretch. I use lots of glitter and other colors and have liked the PP.

· Registered
338 Posts
I have had to send black back to them after it sat for a while same issue everything came up after cutting
, I'm not sure if this stuff has a shelf life or what. Red sometimes as well all other colors I've tried work great

· Registered
1,763 Posts
I've been using both Stahls and Siserstuff since I started doing vinyl about 6 months ago. I'm a small shop out of our home.

In the past, I had trouble getting the PP to press and come off the backing. Once I got it working, I was amazed. I love the finished product with PP. However, I just ran into a big issue. We'd been on a run of using siser stretch in place of it to try out. I liked it but really thought the PP had a better feel. I've used a lot of white, red, yellow, and navy blue for school-related shirts.

Today it turned around for me. I have an older roll I'd bought when we previously used PP that I'd not used of black. I just never had to open it and switched to Siser stretch for the ball season shirts. The wife and I made the decision to swap back to PP and made a big order a few days ago. (Had bad luck with that also unfortunately)

We'd actually opened the black and made a few designs for it. They are the same design I've made with both navy blue and yellow without a single problem. This roll of black is aweful to weed. Completely aweful. It comes off the backing and I've wasted enough now to make no money on the order.

I've tried to slow the blade. The blade is a 45 degree that I put in today. Brand new.

Any tips to making this stuff work? I'm almost tempted to trash the roll and buy the black in stretch. I use lots of glitter and other colors and have liked the PP.
Hi Andrew -

We had a quality issue with black sometime ago and will happily replace the roll if you are having issues. Please PM me your contact details and I will have someone contact you to process a replacement.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Josh

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.