T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey T-shirt Forum

Back again with a problem! :(

so i finally got my neckline tags done. they are the opaque transfer paper from stahls canada.

their directions were to heatpress @ 350 deg for 5 seconds... then 5 seconds again then warm peel.

i'm using a 15 x 15 hix... i tried this but the edges do not adhere to the cotton shirt... and sometimes the material stretches... the sticky transparent paper appears to be too sticky and puls at the design when i try to peel it off.

i let one cool before peeling and its a bit better but still not consistent enough to actually use them on my shirts... i can't afford to ruin my screen printed shirts.

anyone have any insight using transfers.:confused:

im trying to contact stahls but its been a week and no response from them yet.
:mad:

please any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Adjust your pressure..... You need 3 elements to have it work successfully...HEAT...TIME and PRESSURE.....you say your heats right....time is right....how about the pressure?...try more pressure.
And just a side note...Opaque is too expensive ....we use Stahls Express print for our inside tags.... half the cost of opaque....

Reactions: TB5...

·
Registered
6,328 Posts
ScreenAnators right, you need the right amount of Pressure. I had the same problem you had, and finally increased the pressure, and everything worked perfectly. You'll be amazed how well it works once you have everything working right.

Don't forget to peel diagnally.

Are you using transfers for labels inside the shirt? Have you ever thought of using a Pad printer?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great i tried more pressure and it worked!

Wow i was tripping out!!!

once again the forums come through...
thanks guys.

@ screenator i like the durability of the opaque and also the fact it had no feel when adhered... Will check out the express tho thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts