T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a heat press and have narrowed my search to the following:

- Geo Knight DK 20s 16x20 manual
- HIX HT-600 (16X20)
- Stahl's Hotronix MAXX® Clam Heat Press 16X20

I will be using it for small job but also 1-2/month and pressing 75-100 items/day.

Any thoughts on these specific heat presses?

Thanks!

·
Registered
6,875 Posts
Dan,

We have experience with the three and they are all excellent quality. The DK20S is a swing away and the others are clam type. Right now, be prepared to wait a few weeks as thse manufacturers are overwhelmed with an extraordnary volume of orders.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I have been looking for a heat press and have narrowed my search to the following:

- Geo Knight DK 20s 16x20 manual
- HIX HT-600 (16X20)
- Stahl's Hotronix MAXX® Clam Heat Press 16X20

I will be using it for small job but also 1-2/month and pressing 75-100 items/day.

Any thoughts on these specific heat presses?

Thanks!
We have 14 presses, 13 are Geo Knight...1 is a Stahls.
They all work great, however as you can see we prefer Geo knight.
They are built like tanks and very little to go wrong with them.
If by chance you have an issue they are very easy to repair.
Geo knight also has by far the best support. We get a reply in minutes usually, all though its been rare to need to in all the years we have used them.

Reactions: into the T

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
of those three, the swing-away geo knight (as Amw mentioned, they are well built and parts are reasonable)

i really like my hix swingman15, so maybe consider a swingman 20e in your list
great machines, with no mother-board to go kaputski

·
Registered
9,215 Posts
I prefer the Stahls presses. JMO with experience with Sthals and Geo.

·
Registered
425 Posts
All of these are great presses. However, the selection of a swing away suggests you have applications for which a clamshell will prove problematic.

At this point you have found 3 excellent machines, now the added value is which company/distributor has the rest of the stuff you will need? Do they answer their phone when you have a problem? Are the close enough that you can make your presence felt? Do they have a loyalty program that is meaningful to you?

Seriously, I will pay more if that means the fire department will respond immediately. When your business needs help, turning to a forum may not be sufficiently responsive.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts