T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We owned one of the original Fusion heat presses from Stahls and wore it out. Just replaced it with their new Fusion IQ and are gravely disappointed. Due to space, we operate with the tray instead of swing-away. On the old Fusion we could print quickly pulling the tray/platen out to the stop, putting the t-shirt & transfer down, pushing the tray back, then pressing. The new Fusion IQ has a lock when you pull the tray out and you can’t push it back in without reaching under the tray and pushing 2 clips on each side of the slide bar. Their blue ribbon support says it’s the way it was designed! And now in order to return it, they want us to pay shipping and restocking. Has anyone else run into this issue or a way to remove the locking mechanism??

·
Registered
9,717 Posts
Oh, ok. I am not familiar with the details of that model.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Sounds like one of those features that some customers begged for, and now others will loath ;) I don't have that press myself, but I think I would be in the loathing camp on that particular feature.

If you are fairly handy, I imagine one could disassemble the thing enough to remove, or block, the offending contraption. But then again, that component could be manufactured in such a way as to elude any prudent attempt at disassembly, and imprudence can get expensive 😐

Maybe a small set of ViceGrips to keep the clips pushed in? If it can't be done with ViceGrips and/or DuckTape, it can't be done! :p A roommate in college used ViceGrips as a "permanent" feature of the shifting linkage of his Capri ... YMMV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts